WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Black Mountains From Beauty Spot

Added by Kerosene
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Black Mountains From Beauty Spot

Views: 2,801 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Sunset   Fall Colors Outside Erwin  Black Mountains From Beauty Spot  Pine-covered Summit Of Unaka Mountain

Description for Black Mountains From Beauty Spot

Description by Kerosene

Kerosene

The rugged Black Mountains directly south of Beauty Spot (north of Erwin) (Tennessee section hike, October 2008)

Comments for Black Mountains From Beauty Spot (5)

1. #1 Gray Blazer
    Re: Black Mountains From Beauty Spot
    Not trying to argue, but, I think that's No Business, Little Bald and Big Bald with Temple Hill to the right. If you walk to the next clearing on the left you might see the Blacks and Roan Mountain even further to the left. Flint and Camp Creek Bald on the far right.
  2. #2 Kerosene
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer
    Not trying to argue, but, I think that's No Business, Little Bald and Big Bald with Temple Hill to the right. If you walk to the next clearing on the left you might see the Blacks and Roan Mountain even further to the left. Flint and Camp Creek Bald on the far right.
    Hey, you're probably correct. I was scanning my trailguide and probably mis-read it (or I was looking in the right direction). I thought the Blacks were in the far left distance.
  3. #3 Gray Blazer
    Oh, I forgot, Cold Lick Knob somewhere in between.
  4. #4 Kerosene
    For some reason it doesn't appear as if my posts are getting through.
  5. #5 Kerosene
    Thanks, GB. I was going off of some notes that I had cribbed from the larger guidebook and other sources, so I'm not surprised that I mis-identified.