WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Woodstock Or The At?

Added by earlyriser26
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 3,748 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Katahdin Air Service   The Big K From Lake Pemadumcook  Woodstock Or The At?  Snp Hike 2010

Description for Woodstock Or The At?

Description by earlyriser26

earlyriser26

This photo was taken at Abol Bridge in Maine during Woodstock. I am on the left and was 13 at the time. Hiking south into the "wilderness".

Comments for Woodstock Or The At? (5)

1. #1 Kerosene
    Re: Woodstock Or The At?
    I love these old-time photos. Wish I had taken more pictures when I started in the early 70's as a teenager.

Thanks for posting.
  2. #2 earlyriser26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene
    I love these old-time photos. Wish I had taken more pictures when I started in the early 70's as a teenager.

Thanks for posting.
    Note the high tech gear - K-Mart backpack and bluejeans
  3. #3 Kerosene
    Now wait a sec...did K-Mart even exist in the late 60s? [Yes, according to the Internet! 172 K-Mart stores in 1966!]

Here's a trail-end pic from my first AT section (April 1973). Note the blue jean jacket and pants, along with the nylon external frame from Sears!
  4. #4 earlyriser26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene
    Now wait a sec...did K-Mart even exist in the late 60s? [Yes, according to the Internet! 172 K-Mart stores in 1966!]

Here's a trail-end pic from my first AT section (April 1973). Note the blue jean jacket and pants, along with the nylon external frame from Sears!
    I am pretty sure it was K-Mart. However, I did upgrade the hip belt. The nylon belt that came with it was painful.
  5. #5 tbmmoe
    A real blast from the past. I started hiking in the late sixties or early seventies, and I remember my first pack didn't even have a hip belt. It felt more like a torture device.