WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Lightheart Tent

Added by HeartFire
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 7,074  

Filmstrip 
Lightheart Tent

Description for Lightheart Tent

Description by HeartFire

HeartFire

LightHeartTent by HeartFire

Comments for Lightheart Tent (5)

1. #1 darkage
    Re: Lightheart Tent
    Nice tent! ... What are some of the specs?

I really like its shape and silver fabric ... Door is placed perfect and that mesh is sweet ... I might actually buy that if i seen it in a store over models similier .... You really made that eh ?
  2. #2 HeartFire
    The tent is 1 lb 10 oz, has 42 inches of headroom, 10 feet long from tip to tip, and 70 inches from side to side. It uses hiking poles (extended to 125 cm) to support it plus a short PVC pipe at the top (included with the tent). It's made of silnylon, has reinforced corners where the hiking poles go. It also needs 4 stakes. It is not free standing. The weight does not include the 4 stakes, but does include the PVC pipe.

Yes, I really made it, and I've made a bunch more that I will try to sell. When I use up the supplies I have, I may try to use a lighter weight zipper, and trying to figure out what to replae the PVC pipe with that will do what I need it to do so I can shed a few more ounces.

I'm also willing to do special orders - whatever color you want that I can get the silnylon in
  3. #3 Sarge
    It looks like my Nomad Lite (which I love) except with mesh on both sides. It's a great design and I'm glad to see someone has done something similar to the Nomad. I'd buy it.
  4. #4 HeartFire
    It is a highly modified form of the Nomad tent. More roomy, better construction (I put in a bathtub floor to get the seam off the ground) the ridge line seam tape is on the inside of the tent, the windows are bigger. It does not have the 'awning' that the Nomad had.

Wt is 1lb 10 oz, length 133inches, width 65 inches, headroom 42 inches
    Judy

I'll be at the Hiker Fest in Franklin NC next weekend with it and at traildays selling them
  5. #5 ohmeringue
    Hi!@

Hiking in 2010 - Where do I get the stats and any ther info on your light heart tent!??

email me at [email protected]hanks, Ham Glass