WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View into Slickrock Creek watershed.

Added by Ramble~On
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

View into Slickrock Creek watershed.

Views: 2,798 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹View from Hangover   Hangover view into Smokies  View into Slickrock Creek watershed.  View from Hangover

Description for View into Slickrock Creek watershed.

Description by Ramble~On

Ramble~On

Big Fodderstack as seen from Hangover and a view into part of the Slickrock Creek watershed.
October 2007. This area is home to massive, ancient Hemlock and in this picture they appear as gray skeletons. It's sad to see something so huge be destroyed by something so small.

Comments for View into Slickrock Creek watershed. (4)

1. #1 Tipi Walter
    Re: View into Slickrock Creek watershed.
    I know this view well as I've sat here many times looking at Big Fodderstack Mt and trying to find Crowder Camp to the right of it and trying to locate Big Stack Gap trail as it climbs up out of the Slickrock Basin. I like your Hangover pics. The hill to the left is Rockstack and the ridge running off the Big Fodder is Pine Ridge trail, etc.
  2. #2 Ramble~On
    Hangover and Mt. Cammerer are really similar...but Hangover is wilderness and views wilderness where Mt. C has a tower and looks out mostly on sprawl and I40...
  3. #3 Hikerhead
    I do believe that I walked on that ridgeline a couple of years ago. Is that Farr Gap just barely visible on the right?
  4. #4 Ramble~On
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikerhead
    I do believe that I walked on that ridgeline a couple of years ago. Is that Farr Gap just barely visible on the right?
    Farr Gap is to the right but I think too far to the right to be in the picture.