WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Grass at NY-NJ line

Added by Rain Man
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Grass at NY-NJ line

Views: 5,808  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Swamp walking, NY   Grass over Hudson River, NY  Grass at NY-NJ line  Cold day in NJ

Description for Grass at NY-NJ line

Description by Rain Man

Rain Man

Grass at the New York - New Jersey state line. July 2, 2004.

Comments for Grass at NY-NJ line (1)

1. #1 The Eleven
    I know that rock sign....we sat there ourselves when I lead a 3 day backpack on AT in that area a couple of years ago. Finding the parking for the Stateline trail was a pain in the ass, but coming down it, was a nice challenge of steepness. Nice ridge walk with grand views of Greenwood Lake and Mt Taylor and Warwick....did a story on it and had it published in the newspaper that I design promotions for. Wish I could thru the trail....I have to be content with long weekends and vacation time. Happy Trails! Steve Keri (Little bear 2) in Fairfield, CT
  2. #2 MOWGLI
    Steve, my Dad owns a cabin just off of Greenwood Lake. It has been in the family for over 60 years. The Stateline Trail was my playground as a kid. We would take that trail to Surprise lake and the top of Bearfort Ridge to pick blueberries every summer. As I type this, the blueberries should be ripe & plump in the boggy areas around Lake Surprise. FYI, few thru-hikers know about Lake Surprise. It is a beautiful little lake between the AT and Greenwood Lake. From the state line depicted in this photo, a hiker could be there in 15 minutes - easily.
  3. #3 neo
    Re: Grass at NY-NJ line
    great picture neo