WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Drug Squad At Tye River, Va

Added by Rain Man
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Drug Squad At Tye River, Va

Views: 3,745 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Local Cartoon   Dutch Haus  Drug Squad At Tye River, Va  At Iowa Jima

Description for Drug Squad At Tye River, Va

Description by Rain Man

Rain Man

Right after about a dozen hikers left the Tye River trail head at the foot of The Priest, the local drug squad pulled up! They were nice guys, though. May 30, 2009.

Comments for Drug Squad At Tye River, Va (4)

1. #1 Nicksaari
    Re: Drug Squad At Tye River, Va
    back alley Nazi municipality. they must have been really bored to feel the need to spend the tax payers money to try to arrest hikers for having pot in their backpacks.
    these guys will NEVER catch me, only because i dont smoke the pot anymore.
    this is a good picture rainman, and even though you said they were cool guys, this is a depressing shot.
  2. #2 Rain Man
    Nicksaari, I understand your frustration, but don't blame the foot soldier for obeying orders from on high. Blame those holier-than-thou who set the policies and pass the laws, if anyone. These two guys were friendly and helpful to me. Of course, I acted friendly and respectful towards them to start with. Best to you. Rain Man
  3. #3 AUhiker90
    Do people really get caught with pot ont he trail? I dont mean smoking it but just having it in their pack.
  4. #4 Kerosene
    My guess is that they were looking more for locals partying in the area than simply backpackers passing through. There's a nice campsite there right by the river and footbridge, but the road is only 30 yards away and I heard a number of good ole boys hot-rodding it through the gap the night I camped there.