WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Race Brook Falls Campsite: Tent Platforms

Added by refreeman
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Race Brook Falls Campsite: Tent Platforms

Views: 20,351 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Race Brook Falls Campsite: Sign   Race Brook Falls Campsite: Bear Box  Race Brook Falls Campsite: Tent Platforms  Overlooking Burkes Garden

Description for Race Brook Falls Campsite: Tent Platforms

Description by refreeman

refreeman

Race Brook Falls Campsite is a popular camping area .2 miles from the AT in south western Massachusetts, and 1.8 miles from route 41. The campground nestles between north of Mount Race and south of Mount Everett. Race Brook Falls Campsite is relatively easy to get to from the AT, however, the 1.8 miles from route 41 is fairly steep and can detour less avid backpackers / campers from lugging their gear to the site. The camp has a privy, three tent platforms, Race Brook as an excellent water source, and a bear box for food storage. Black bears are becoming more common in this area and every precaution to avoid attracting the bears must be observed.

Comments for Race Brook Falls Campsite: Tent Platforms (1)

1. #1 Sappy
    Re: Race Brook Falls Campsite: Tent Platforms
    I've been here! A few years ago, came backpacking along the ridge with a few friends in the fog and rain and stayed at this site, definitely recognize the bear box! This was the end of a really wet and damp day, and I was content to just sit in my tent and dry off, but my buds came through and got a fire going when there was no business doing so in such wet conditions. Kudos to my friends for making this campsite a memorable one! Glad I found the pics here, this just popped up randomly and brought back a great memory!