WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Crazy sounding 10 point Buck

Added by Ramble~On
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Crazy sounding 10 point Buck

Views: 7,248 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Impressive Rack   French deer ?  Crazy sounding 10 point Buck  Hello there Deer

Description for Crazy sounding 10 point Buck

Description by Ramble~On

Ramble~On

I got a couple of pictures of this 10 point buck before he saw me...when he did notice me he let out some kinda crazy deer sound...look at his mouth in the picture..and ran towards me instead of away..
I guess the rut started early for this guy...this was taken 8/28/07

Comments for Crazy sounding 10 point Buck (4)

1. #1 StarLyte
    Re: Crazy sounding 10 point Buck
    WOW - these shots are awesome - thanks for posting!
  2. #2 darkage
    I've only seen a few deer on the A.T ... but when i lived up in the poconos i was chased thro a field by a buck protecting his mate/young ....

I got out of my car and approched to get a better view ... Stupid!

It only caused the buck to make some serious grunting noises and chased me back to my car ... They can be aggressive, but out of all the deer i've seen up there, that was my only close call ... i never ran so fast in my life ... lol

Great pics!
  3. #3 LoneRidgeRunner
    It was August and this buck was still in velvet so he wasn't rutting. His strange somewhat aggressive behavior (running toward you) is really hard to explain, but I guess it goes to show that all wild animals can be unpredictable.
    I have told some people (non hikers) of my plans to hike through the Smokies in March and have been advised repeatedly .."Get bear spray"..LOL... Bears are really cool people and I have actually heard of MORE incidents of deer attacking people than bears but I ain't bringin deer spray either..lol..
    Go to my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/eddie.w.gillespie and scroll down til you find the video of the buck beating the poop out of a bow hunter. It's hilarious, but probably not to the guy who's getting beat up.
  4. #4 LoneRidgeRunner
    Absolutely awesome pics.