WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

A.T. North of Conodoguinet Creek, Cumberland Valley, PA, 09/27/13

Added by Irish Eddy
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

A.T. North of Conodoguinet Creek, Cumberland Valley, PA, 09/27/13

Views: 1,365 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹A.T. North of Conodoguinet Creek, Cumberland Valley, PA, 09/27/13   A.T. North of Conodoguinet Creek, Cumberland Valley, PA, 09/27/13  A.T. North of Conodoguinet Creek, Cumberland Valley, PA, 09/27/13  A.T. North of Conodoguinet Cree, Cumberland Valley, PA, 09/27/13

Description for A.T. North of Conodoguinet Creek, Cumberland Valley, PA, 09/27/13

Description by Irish Eddy

Irish Eddy

North of the Conodoguinet Creek crossing in Pennsylvania's Cumberland Valley, the A.T. passes beneath Bernheisel Bridge Road. This is a view of the graffiti on the bridge underpass.

Comments for A.T. North of Conodoguinet Creek, Cumberland Valley, PA, 09/27/13 (2)

1. #2 Irish Eddy
    Re: A.T. North of Conodoguinet Creek, Cumberland Valley, PA, 09/27/13
    It appears that it has been painted over previously, no doubt to white out graffiti. It is certainly due for another coat of paint, although I imagine this would be a job for the state or county highway commission, and not the responsibility of an A.T. trail crew. Thanks, Kerosene.
  2. #1 Kerosene
    Re: A.T. North of Conodoguinet Creek, Cumberland Valley, PA, 09/27/13
    I tented under that bridge the first night out of Duncannon in June 1979. I don't recall any grafitti, but as it was raining pretty hard I do recall worrying about the river rising unexpectedly!