WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Half Dome - Yosemite

Added by Kerosene
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Half Dome - Yosemite

Views: 2,736 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Art Loeb Trail   Art Loeb Trail  Half Dome - Yosemite  Half Dome - Yosemite

Description for Half Dome - Yosemite

Description by Kerosene

Kerosene

Half Dome Day Hike: May 19, 2008

Half Dome close-up from roadway bridge in late afternoon.

Comments for Half Dome - Yosemite (3)

1. #1 mtt37849
    Re: Half Dome - Yosemite
    Awesome pic. I got to hike 1/2 Dome, I think I have pics on here of it. Killer hike, I was lucky enough to spend 3 days in the Yosemite park.
  2. #2 Kerosene
    Funny story behind this picture...

We had finished up our hike to the top of Half Dome a few hours earlier, and then consumed pizza and beer down in the Village before heading back out of the park to return to our hotel. We stopped for a quick shot of Yosemite Falls, and then I ran across the street to a little bridge that was mobbed by the tripods of all the professional photographers waiting for just the right light. I literally slipped in between two of them, rattled off two shots with my digicam, and ran back to the car in less than a minute, catching the light just perfectly.

You can just see a sliver of the snowfield atop Half Dome that hadn't melted from the record snowfall that winter.
  3. #3 ga2me9603
    Stunning. Gorgeous. Beautiful. I had an authorization for a permit to hike the John Muir Trail in August 2012, but I decided not to make the trek and called the park office to cancel. Friends have told me some day I'll regret not going.