WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Georgia - Amicalola Falls To Dick's Creek Gap

Added by tbmmoe
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Georgia - Amicalola Falls To Dick's Creek Gap

Views: 5,571  
by tbmmoe

Filmstrip 
‹‹Tray Mountain Shelter   Tray Mt Shelter  Georgia - Amicalola Falls To Dick's Creek Gap  2009-0504b Hailstones & Slacka$$ At Tray Mt. Shelter, Ga

Description for Georgia - Amicalola Falls To Dick's Creek Gap

Description by tbmmoe

tbmmoe

Tray Mountain Shelter - My last day on the trail

Comments for Georgia - Amicalola Falls To Dick's Creek Gap (3)

1. #1 Philetus
    Re: Georgia - Amicalola Falls To Dick's Creek Gap
    Did that same walk back in May, and I think that Tray Mountain and the night at that shelter was my favorite part of the trip. It helped that we had six good people (my hiking partner and myself, three college kids and the Georgia trailrunner) there with us, but it was just an all-around great day.

I posted a video journal earlier, but thought you might want to take a look if you just got home.
  2. #2 tbmmoe
    Thanks for the comment, Philetus
    I've been home a couple weeks. Tray Mountain was my last evening on the trail, and it was my favorite as well. There were just three of us here when I made my stop, but I loved the grassy campsite, and the cool breeze on the mountain. I will check out your journal.
  3. #3 tbmmoe
    Your video journal was great - thanks for sharing the link. It looks like you had excellent weather for your hike, probably a bit cooler than July. I also did Low Gap to Tray Mountain in the same day, so I was blessed with the same excellent rewards.