WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Keith Shaw Sr.

Added by -MYST-
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 10,660 [+] Larger Image  
by -MYST-

Filmstrip 
‹‹Stephen Todd Pew   In Memory of Cape Town Jenny  Keith Shaw Sr.  Pegleg

Description for Keith Shaw Sr.

Description by -MYST-

-MYST-

Keith Jr & Sr. Taken near the end of my thru-hike 9/6/04 to be exact. Keith Sr. was active until the end. Here seen at the kitchen table so many of us have had the famous Shaw's meals at. I feel very fortunate to have met him and stayed at Shaws while he was there.
We lost Keith not long after this picture was taken.

Comments for Keith Shaw Sr. (4)

1. #1 Hammock Hanger
    Re: Keith Shaw Sr.
    I was there to celebrate Keith Sr's (last) birthday on 9/2/04. My birthday was 9/3 and upon checking out he gave me back half of my money. Sweet man. Glad I got to see him one more time before he passed.
  2. #2 Gorp-Gobbler
    I had the good fortune of meeting Keith and Pat in 1975 (I think it was). The year before I had stayed at an old church that another guy named Shaw and offered to hikers.
    From 75' on I stayed with the Shaws while section hiking through that part of Maine.
    Then in 1982 or 83' my now divorced wife and I visited the Shaws when Keith Jr. was just a baby. (He and my daughter are the same age).
    I kept in touch with them for years over the phone clear up till his passing.
    They both have a special place in my heart and are dearly loved.
    I was dubed the "Buckeye Hillbilly" by Pat, being from Ohio. She thought I was from farther down in the South.
    The last time I spoke to Keith he told me that he would be gone before I got back up to visit. He knew his last pancake had been served and his last cup of coffee was poured.
    Sadly missed but will never be forgotten.
  3. #3 bullseye
    I stayed with the Shaw's on 9/14/04 and Keith Sr didn't give the slightest hint that he was slowing down any time soon. I was proud to have met him and jr as well. I went back the next year and it just wasn't the same, although Baltimore Jack and company kept spirits up while cooking breakfast.
  4. #4 The Desperado
    I have been friends with Keith & pat for many, many years. In the late 80's & early,mid 90's I was their 3-4 times a year to visit. I have many fond, dear memories of Keith and his family. May he rest in peace......