WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Rand's View: Labeled

Added by refreeman
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Rand's View: Labeled

Views: 6,231 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Spring on the south side of Prospect Mountain in CT.   View from the top of Prospect Mountain in CT, June 2007.  Rand's View: Labeled  Rand's View, June 2007:  Full View

Description for Rand's View: Labeled

Description by refreeman

refreeman

Rand's View: Labeled. The picture says it all.

Comments for Rand's View: Labeled (3)

1. #1 Kerosene
    Re: Rand's View: Labeled
    Neat, but it was much colder when I went through in March 1975. I almost succumbed to hypothermia climbing up Everett via Jugg End (there used to be a lean-to just below the summit); I almost fell into a snowmelt-swollen Sages Ravine the next day; and then the sun came out and we baked during our ascent of Bear Mountain. I don't think that any of the shelters or campsites were around back then.
  2. #2 Driver8
    Great photo. One thing - Jug End is obscured, from this angle, by Mt. Everett. The area labeled here as Jug End is the eastward shoulder of Everett, unnamed so far as I know. It peaks at about 2050, with an intermediate peak, between it and Ev and slightly northward, at about 2222 or so. Love how clear this image is - did you get Greylock that day, too?
  3. #3 ga2me9603
    One of the most underrated, least-talked about scenic views on the entire Appalachian Trail, IMO. Heading northbound you leave the dark woods and then, BOOM!, you're out in this sudden display of open space of green grass and a dramatic view of a looming mountain range. A WOW! moment, for sure. Love it.