WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by snowhoe View Post
    Sorry dont know what a brain-housing group is? (let the bashing begin on that) Dude I dont care about their rights. They need to do what they want to do but it ticks me off that so many people speak out for them when they know its wrong. I WOULD HELP THEM IF THEY WERE IN NEED OF HELP! I do not agree what they do with each other and dont do it around me.
    Brain-housing group. Army term for how you think...

I guess this is where you diverge from the rest of us conservatives - we don't judge them for one aspect of how they live and relate that to a value judgement of how much respect or freedom they should get.

Apparently you have decided since you are not gay - being different from you is wrong. And since we have stuck up for them you have labeled us as also gay, liberal, and also wrong.

So, I'll say this. You have said your piece. Have proved that there are some people out there that will have a problem with them, and are now attempting to derail this thread. I recommend you make the last post you made on this thread be the last post you will make on this thread. And that ain't some liberal telling you that.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Images

He did he said a marriage between a woman and a man. Not stick to stick or well to well. I dont hate them I dont like that they are gay. Wow I think I am the whipping boy!

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Rick:

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that the Shenandoah homicide (which was not on the A.T. by the way) had anything whatsoever to do with the sexual identities of lifestyles of the victims.

I am not playing down how horrible this incident was; I'm merely saying that portraying it as some sort of anti-gay hate crime is at odds with the evidence.

If I'm wrong, correct me.
    Those interested in the specifics of this case, including the locations proximity to the AT (very close and connected), can Google them up. I am on a PDA so I can't help.

Plenty of info in both gay and straight publications can be found.

More questions than answers in the end, but many are convince this was every bit as much a hate crime (of the worst possible sort) as with the Wright murder- where the perp admitted his loathsome motivations as well as his deeds.

Google it.

Images

Jack and Rock are liberals? Now that's funny.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Jack and Rock are liberals? Now that's funny.
    And apparently since we stick up for gay people we are also gay.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Images

Read post number 204 I am also gay according to Jack.

Images

If so they choose, free will provides folks with the opportunity to hate other people.

Seems to me, tho, that Jesus Christ taught otherwise.[/quote]

For sure..... "the self righteous need not apply" Steve Taylor

Images

Read post number 204 I am also gay according to Jack.
    Dude, you moan that you are now the whipping boy but you keep on asking for it. Quit playing the martyr. You chose to come over here so I guess you enjoy attention.

So, again, just stop and let it go.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

I never said anyone here was gay.

Not by business, and I could care less.

But any psychiatrist will tell you that a lot of folks who display animosity or open hatred towards people who follow different lifestyles than their own are often personally conflicted and suffer their own manifest insecurites on these particular issues. When people obsess over this sort of thing, and dwell on it, there are often undrlying reasons for this.

Nicely worded, no?

And needless to say, not directed at any particular person.

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

He did he said a marriage between a woman and a man. Not stick to stick or well to well. I dont hate them I dont like that they are gay. Wow I think I am the whipping boy!
    And who said they were married?

So you don't like that they are gay. Fine, I've no problem with that. However, actions speak louder than words. How would you treat them if they didn't need help?
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post
    Exactly.

And if you think I am a liberal (or some of the others who have posted) are liberals because we happen to think Homosexuals have the same rights as everyone else - you need to re-calibrate your brain-housing group.
    exactly............

Images

If I was on the trail then I probably move on especially if they kept talking about them being gay or pda. I would also let them know the same as I have said on here I dont agree with their lifestyle and choices

Journal Entries
    Images

I'll spank ya if you want?

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post
    And apparently since we stick up for gay people we are also gay.
    You know what they say Rock? If you swing both ways you never go home alone.........

Snowhoe,
    It isn't so much that you are DISAGREEING with other people that has caused others to turn on you--it is the fact that you have been behaving in such a blatantly DISAGREEABLE fashion when you present your opposing viewpoints.

We should always agree to disagree agreeably!
    "A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." - Paul Dudley White

Snoeshoe. After your first couple posts you kind of opened yourself up to just about every response that followed. You are clearly in the minority on this particular issue both in society at large and even more so in the hiking community. You are, however entitled to your own opinion. I'm not going to defend your position but yes you did say, when hiking, you would keep your feelings on the matter private and would even help a gay hiker if they were in trouble.(somehow I don't think this includes mouth to mouth recussatation). All this "bashing" or shall we say discenting opinions are'nt going to change your views overnight, but hopefully it has given you and others some food for thought. My only question for you is, how can you possibly hate people you have never met or even heard of ?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WritinginCT View Post
    I have two dear friends that are considering a 2010 thru hike. Both men are my age (37) and met just after college and have been together over 15 years. They are both open and honest about being gay, but are not, in their own words, "flaming queens". And I should add that neither of them are big fans of PDA's. But they don't hide being gay either.

Their biggest trail concern is personal safety as it relates to homophobia and I told them I would ask here how readily accepted gay hikers are on the AT (meaning both by other hikers as well as the towns they pass through).

So do gay hikers have issues with intolerance? Or are they left alone?

Thoughts? Suggestions for them? Particular towns/places to avoid? (PM's welcome if someone is uncomfortable posting in the open forum)

And this is an honest safety question, please be respectful.

i shared a shelter with 2 guys that were gay in 2001,they did not bother me and did not do anything gay while i was at the shelter,we just talked about hiking the trailneo

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    i shared a shelter with 2 guys that were gay in 2001,they did not bother me and did not do anything gay while i was at the shelter,we just talked about hiking the trailneo
    and there it is there............

hey neo, you still got the hots for Hillary?

Images

Rockhound I hope, I to will change some of the views about gay people to my side. You are right in the hiking community I am a minority, but in society I am not, look at Californias amendment 68 that did not pass so I am not alone. I dont hate any one I dont like the gay life style. Thats it. I dont think it is moral and its not right.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post
    and there it is there............

hey neo, you still got the hots for Hillary?

not any more i am getting married soonneo

pic of my future wife below

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/show...imageuser=3462

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
++ New Posts ++