WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Hey Cowboy...go for it. Let me know your start date and I'll meet you at Neels Gap for lunch. If you start between 6-7am you should make it by noon. I'll buy.

I'm the man on the mountain, come on up.....
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wildcowboy238 View Post
    Well Bob not really worried if you think it is BS or not.... not getting testy but there is a point where when you stoop so low that they just want to attack someone for wanting to try to accomplish something...wouldn't you agree that some of the posts or replies are just childish????
    they dont attack bc you want to accomplish it but that you think it is possible

I am so glad that there seems to be alot of people who are just out to put people down because they don't have the courage to attempt their dreams........ How can you sit there and call yourselves caring people when someone comes along and decideds to do something like this and you just blast away at them because you have no lives...
    Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30515 this was your dream. stick to it. this new foolishness is a joke. you mom would agree
    OK COWBOY, and there have only been a few times that I have wished to have the PMs back that I sent to you. If you still have them and have it in you to bare the hear you've got my blessing. God knows if I hadn't deleted them everyone would be reading them right now.
    I add Wolf's link because that is where I first took notice of a soul who I could feel for, someone hiking the trail with the memory of their mom. You pulled us in with those heart strings. As you'll see on that link I was the last entry and that is when we began PMing.
    There are so many folk that come into our lives here but your story was so compelling I was willing to take the time to help. And Oh my time did you take, copious amounts of my time answering hiking questions and trail questions as if you were a relative newbie.
    And after numerous lengthy PMs in which I thought I was helping a good person you drop the 30 day AT hike concept - knowing that nothing I had just spent my time advising you with could remotely be helpful for that kind of hike, not gear, not nutrition, nothing. You just wasted my time, you bastardize the trail and the memory of your mom through your dishonesty and left me feeling like a duped moron.
    It wasn't until a couple days after this that you took this concept to the rest of the WB community.
    Someone who had integrity in this endeavor fist off wouldn't be out there talking about it, they'd talk about it after, and second would know it was so unlikely (see impossible for someone who advertised themselves as a newbie) that they would talk about it AFTER they had accomplished it.
    You invoked your passed Mother's name to gain this ridiculous attention for yourself and it all just smells, bad.

Freeleo

I forgot all about posting my pic up...lol... it just drives me nuttz.... oh yes it will take me awhile to get my journal up on my training and such....so I will sit down and do my best sometime today.....

Geezer

How do you know that it can't be done????... I was raised to believe that anything is possible and yes I know there are limitations to just about everything and I respect that, but there is one thing everyone that is doubting me is forgetting and that is they are not me
    It isn't about you, chum. No one knows you. People are doubting it can be done by anyone. People who know what they are talking about.

I can walk a mile in 12 mins, too, if I had to. I cannot, and you cannot, walk an average of 73 miles a day, climbing an average of 15,000 feet each and every day for 30 days.

The mere fact that you think you can do this in NH/Maine in May is ludicrous. Your pace has you hiking from Hanover to Katahdin in about 5-6 days. You only say this because you have no knowledge of what you are talking about, and likely have never backpacked in NH/ME or any long trail. If you had, you would know better.

I suggest you do attempt this: To hike the AT in 30 in May, you will need to be in Damascus in less than a week. Post again from there on May 6. Until then, leave us inn peace. Thanks.
    Frosty

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Freeleo

I forgot all about posting my pic up...lol... it just drives me nuttz.... oh yes it will take me awhile to get my journal up on my training and such....so I will sit down and do my best sometime today.....
    When you should be out training? For shame.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

okay, i can't help myself? wildcowboy, i wish you luck no matter the length or duration of your hike. but something about this whole asking for advice, then not taking that advice, and getting everyones blood pressure up reminds me a whole lot of the movie "BORAT!" your not sacha boren cohn(sp?)are you?

Images

Hmmm, I have done some crazy crap just to prove people wrong but.... this seems undoable.

Couldnt be happier if you prove me wrong on this... good luck!

wishing him "luck" is just as ignorant as him thinking he can remotely do this. it's foolhardiness at it's finest

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    wishing him "luck" is just as ignorant as him thinking he can remotely do this. it's foolhardiness at it's finest
    How long did it take for you to do your "thru"

Images

I wanted to let everyone know that I am going to swim the English Channel in 30 min. I know I can do it because it's my dream.

I start my swimming lessons tonight...I'm so excited. I think I'll go do my swim At the end of February.

I hope I can count on everyone's support.
    If you don't make waves, it means you ain't paddling

Cowboy,

I have no idea what drives you. You came here posting for advice, and you got some excellent information from people who really know the trail to begin with. Then you got radical and mad when people pointed out the realities of what you decided to turn your trip into. Most folks, myself included, decided you were a troll just looking to create a scene, so you can only blame yourself that the posts got crazier and more insulting as your ideas grew wilder.

If you are serious, and want to delude yourself into thinking you can do the impossible, well then, have at it. If you are for real, I do hope you eventually come to your senses and have a great hike in memory of your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by envirodiver View Post
    I wanted to let everyone know that I am going to swim the English Channel in 30 min. I know I can do it because it's my dream.

I start my swimming lessons tonight...I'm so excited. I think I'll go do my swim At the end of February.

Hey, go for it. Everyone should be entitled to a dream they can fail miserably at.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Hike the trail and enjoy it and the people. Who knows if you will ever get the opportunity again. Would be a shame to miss out on so much for a record or whatever.
    Having done it and seeing the overuse injuries hikers suffer (including myself and I took the average time) you would not want to do something dumb that can wreck your body for months and years after.
    Slow down and have a great time instead!

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

Oh--wait a minute...

I had to go climb Everest.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

I'm the man on the mountain, come on up.....
    Images

first lesson from a life long swimmer...keep your chin down so your feet dont sink...if you need more help take it to a PM...i have coached state champions

Images

Default Please think of the kittens!

I'm pretty sure I can eat 50 eggs in a hour. I'm starting to train right now.
    Remember whenever you lie or masturbate - God Kills a kitten. Please think of the kittens.

Attachment 3126
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roots View Post
    Oh--wait a minute...

I had to go climb Everest.
    How was it?
    If you don't make waves, it means you ain't paddling

Images

How was it?
    Couple bruises...doable.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by doggiebag View Post
    I'm pretty sure I can eat 50 eggs in a hour. I'm starting to train right now.
    Remember whenever you lie or masturbate - God Kills a kitten. Please think of the kittens.

Attachment 3126

Way too much informiation there LOL

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++