WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much drama!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco:1333972
    you guys really should get out more
    21 days until 10 days hiking from Roan High Knob to Partnership shelter. Can't get here fast enough.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    it would help if we were all out hiking more.
    We can't go hike, it's too dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    I think the point is, from what I hear Rasty saying, is not to snap at anyone whether they are a new member or not...
    I always remind myself that this is just the internet, nothing here is personal. I also try (emphasis on try) to never post anything online that I wouldn't say to the person face to face.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    yes you do, you are wrong
    I was wrong once, but that was years ago.

I dont know, I kinda feel like a majority of the drama is created by 3-4 people that spend sooooo much time here and take it way too seriously.

I miss the good ole days when the threads had substance and the people were actually hikers.

I dont know, I kinda feel like a majority of the drama is created by 3-4 people that spend sooooo much time here and take it way too seriously.
    Well, I'm trying to stop wearing my heart on my sleeve as much. I think I have thicker skin now than I did a couple of months ago....

Sarcasm... I think I go off more on here than I would in person. I'm not that "punchy" in person. I'll have to remember that... good point.

I miss the good ole days when the threads had substance and the people were actually hikers.
    Good ole days? How old are you? We hike.... just not as much as we would like 2!

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Good ole days? How old are you? We hike.... just not as much as we would like 2!
    Good ole days of this website

Oh... I wouldn't know.. I'm outta here. Good nite y'all... thanks again Rasty. Have fun on your hike... Oh.. I still need to do my homework assignment.

A lot of members have left (or are rarely on anymore) for this very reason.

HikerMom: I don't always agree with you, but there were times when I felt that you were really ganged up on. Your feelings were hurt and I could understand that. Some of the comments directed at you were just rude and totally uncalled for.

And it isn't only the non-hikers who are habitual offenders. I can think of a few who hike a lot who are the worst offenders. But I suspect that they are BORED. They know most of the skills and so when new hikers venture onto the site for info, WHAM, they have a feeding frenzy at their expense. Very sad. I will probably always stand up for what I believe in, but I will not to tone it down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Being View Post
    A lot of members have left (or are rarely on anymore) for this very reason.

HikerMom: I don't always agree with you, but there were times when I felt that you were really ganged up on. Your feelings were hurt and I could understand that. Some of the comments directed at you were just rude and totally uncalled for.

And it isn't only the non-hikers who are habitual offenders. I can think of a few who hike a lot who are the worst offenders. But I suspect that they are BORED. They know most of the skills and so when new hikers venture onto the site for info, WHAM, they have a feeding frenzy at their expense. Very sad. I will probably always stand up for what I believe in, but I will not to tone it down as well.
    and you have only been here since april. The cool crowd left a long time ago

Journal Entries
    Images

Good ole days of this website
    When people actually read threads for hiking content? woo you go way back!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

My favorite part of the OP is where Rasty writes, "Don't post if you don't agree". Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    When people actually read threads for hiking content? woo you go way back!
    You know what Im talking about

Images

but you're still here. what's up with that? what's up with that what's up with that what's up with that

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

It's true that a lot of the more experienced hikers that I learned over the past years have moved on but I don't think it's just because of the way the membership has gotten more combative/rude.

More than a few moved on because they felt the site was too heavily moderated.

But I think that over the course of time you can only bear to answer "How much does it cost to thru?", "What's the best tent?", etc. questions so many hundreds of time.

What has NOT happened is that other experienced hikers haven't joined to fill that void - leaving mainly hikers with less experience and/or folks who have less patience with others.

A lot of folks who are "serious" go over to backpackinglight.com.
    Last edited by 10-K; 09-04-2012 at 22:35.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    but you're still here. what's up with that? what's up with that what's up with that what's up with that
    Trust me, I aint one of the cool ones.

Images

we've talked about this before. all the information anyone needs in the articles.. the forums are for specific questions. bears guns and safety- people need to learn to use the search function. read the stickys. every single 1 of us would be better off if we were doing more hiking and less typing

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    It's true that a lot of the more experienced hikers that I learned over the past years have moved on but I don't think it's just because of the way the membership has gotten more combative/rude.

More than a few moved on because they felt the site was too heavily moderated.

But I think that over the course of time you can only bear to answer "How much does it cost to thru?", "What's the best tent?", etc. questions so many hundreds of time.
    AMEN to the moderated part! I have never been on any site that was worst than this regarding censorship. Ever. I know of one person who left because they received a "time out" and Warren Doyle left as well. (This will probably be pulled as well so read it quickly!)

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Being View Post
    AMEN to the moderated part! I have never been on any site that was worst than this regarding censorship. Ever. I know of one person who left because they received a "time out" and Warren Doyle left as well. (This will probably be pulled as well so read it quickly!)
    Oh damn, Warren left?
    My point is that you say its heavily moderated and your join date is 4-27-12. You want heavily moderated, Wingfoots site when he was running it was 10 times worse

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++