WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Her mother chimes in that the timeline surrounding the friends illness was incorrect too

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiehikergirl View Post
    Her mother chimes in that the timeline surrounding the friends illness was incorrect too
    Ill be honest,
    I dont have much sympathy for people like this
    But Im feeling bad for this woman, because shes in way over her head, and Id bet she didnt get there by herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Course those are road times, not trail times unless the trail was re-routed to Skyline Drive this year? That would make it a fair comparison. It is technically mainly flats and downhills too which would have helped.
    LOL, nope, the AT is still on dirt and rock there. Though they actually shut down a few miles immediately south of Rockfish (from Humpback to Dripping Rock) for a few days earlier this year because of a bear problem, and hikers were re-routed on the BRP. Not while she came through.

That skipped section of the AT in SNP has some really nice runnable sections, but there are still some good climbs and rocks that might have slowed her down off world class 50M road pace.

Registered Offender

Quote Originally Posted by flightrisk0523 View Post
    I am Billie Beartrap. Seems that someone (had to be several people to get FB to move on it) questioned my name on FB so my account is "under review" and it's as if never existed there. Seems like someone is sour. Oh well.
    Interestingly enough, her friend who helps her run that little Hike For Our Lives gig is named Jenny Meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Ill be honest,
    I dont have much sympathy for people like this
    But Im feeling bad for this woman, because shes in way over her head, and Id bet she didnt get there by herself.
    Agree.. Sounds like she doesn't see the truth as a definable set of events in time

Is this the same Ninja who started hiking in January with Dr Love and No Care Bear (SOBO thru hikers)? I saw NCB mentioned in one of those Facebook posts and had to wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where's are all her loved ones, friends, her peeps...reel this lady in, she is obviously Screaming for some help. I don't believe I've ever seen someone so raw, hurtin and conflicted, when the disassociation shakes hands with reality, gonna be like a super nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiehikergirl View Post
    Agree.. Sounds like she doesn't see the truth as a definable set of events in time
    That's what is so confusing to 'normal' people... it is a protracted and planned hoax but the one who did it seems not to know or is in total denial. But how could she be in total denial while keeping track of the REAL record and knowing the time she had to claim to "beat" it?

In the comments on the video linked above there is a psychiatrist suggesting she get professional help; I hope she takes that route.

Journal Entries

I
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    That's what is so confusing to 'normal' people... it is a protracted and planned hoax but the one who did it seems not to know or is in total denial. But how could she be in total denial while keeping track of the REAL record and knowing the time she had to claim to "beat" it?

In the comments on the video linked above there is a psychiatrist suggesting she get professional help; I hope she takes that route.
    I dont think she is that astute.
    And her personality in the video doesnt really seem to match up to planner of complicated fraud. I couldnt even figure out what she was babbling about...so Im pretty sure shes a bit confused too.
    She doesnt come off as narcissistic either, her self photos are usually unflattering. Doesnt try to act something she not.

Which all makes me feel a stronger personality is the real driving force behind this.
    Like someone talked her into the charity funding her hiking
    And someone clearly set up the website and helps
    And someone encouraged her to cheat, probably helping
    And someone takes topless photos of her

Just a gut feeling
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 09-22-2016 at 18:58.

I feel like I've stumbled into a Kardashians hiking thread. Who the hell cares.

Journal Entries

Probably the most astonishing and sad thing I've read here in ... ever. Why on earth would a mother, even if she knows without a doubt her child is wrong and lying, come into a social media forum and shine yet another spotlight on her child while she publically comes undone? What makes a psychological train wreck... mommy dearest. I will get to looking into shoes again now.
    " Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. "

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Interestingly enough, her friend who helps her run that little Hike For Our Lives gig is named Jenny Meatballs.
    Meatballs doesn't sound like a legitimate name. How does one report this on Facebook?

this whole thing is getting sad
    ive known people like this before.
    mostly kids who damaged their brains with drugs and now live on tour.
    its pretty easy to become a habitual liar when reality isn't really a thing

i assume she entered this with good intentions and now it has spun out of her control.

if she's taking money illegitimately, then karma will decide her fate.
    the FKT is clearly debunked, but I think the only people who care are the ones trying to disprove it.

she has accomplished a great deal of trail miles this year, and for that I commend her.
    she is clearly tough as nails.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Far right side of the FB tool is a small down arrow or triangle. Click that and scroll down to "Report a Problem".
    I've never done it but that will probably get you to someone who you can report Mrs. Meatball to.

Hope this helps
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Clicking on "Report a Problem" gets you to:

Abusive ContentThis includes content that's harmful, spam or a policy violation

(Hint, this is a policy violation)
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Check out this photo from Jenny Meatball's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/jennymeatba...type=3&theater
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Images

Everyone, I think maybe it's time we put this one to rest...she's ill and we're not helping any with further speculation. Hopefully she gets the help she needs...
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Registered Offender

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBiscuit77 View Post
    Meatballs doesn't sound like a legitimate name. How does one report this on Facebook?
    Precisely my point. But I'm not a Facebook user, so I don't know the answer to your question. I hope someone fights back however, on behalf of Billie.

Billie's issue is resolved now, he's using an account with his real name.

Quote Originally Posted by Don H View Post
    Check out this photo from Jenny Meatball's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/jennymeatba...type=3&theater
    There are some strange post on this womans thread as well. In one she claims her and Kaiha just did a 56 mile day. Were they hiking together? No one has mentioned seeing them together.
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
++ New Posts ++