WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Halfwayhiker View Post
    As a lurker through all of this, here's my prediction as to how all of this will play out, FWIW:
    After a week or two of all of this drama, Ninja will say that life is too short to be taken down by all of the negativity. That she knows in her heart what she has done and that either you believe or you don't but that the problem is with you. And that she is going to get on with her life and leave all of this behind.

We'll see.
    That is the likely outcome.

However- if this is a hoax, I think the very strong and rapid response by everyone will ultimately help reduce or avoid future attempts to falsify a claim. Not to mention some of the nasty personal attacks (not here).

If it proves out as true... it will also reinforce how important good documentation is.

The trail is a pretty small place... truth will come out either way.

I wouldn't rely on Instagram for factual way points. A lot post pics out of date in order to keep interest going.

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    Please separate the questionable person from the cause, they are two different issues. One is worthy of attention, the other is (probably) not.
    Yar

Quote Originally Posted by The Solemates View Post
    I'd say quit giving this whole lie publicity. Let's just quit talking about this disgrace and quit posting to this thread. It will die soon enough.
    Double yar... if folks want to try to run the numbers down; more power to them. It's in it's own fashion a bit of a fun number junky /FKT nerd exercise to see if "it could be done" and a fun game for some to play at home much like is done with any FKT.

But if you're already in the NFW camp- which I'm bout in- best thing to do is let it die a quick death and drop off the board.

this "hike" didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    With the number of people vouching for her, something must have happened. She'll be on the Ten Junk Miles podcast Thursday, which should make an interesting listen whatever your opinion.

something must have happened

There's a very large gulf between 'something' and 'smashing the record'.

This is analogous to telling someone from Manhattan that you walked from Battery Park to Grant's Tomb in 15 minutes. Uhh... No, you didn't.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    Let's not do this, OK?
    Seriously? Let's not express a viable opinion regarding the root cause of a fabrication which casts her "cause" in a poor light? Frankly, her behaviour is unacceptable and as has been pointed out a few posts earlier, probably explained by traumatic events in her past. My pointing at a possible psych Dx is neither demeaning nor disingenuous...
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Registered Offender

Quote Originally Posted by MrClahn View Post
    With the number of people vouching for her, something must have happened. She'll be on the Ten Junk Miles podcast Thursday, which should make an interesting listen whatever your opinion.
    The truth is not a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    There's a very large gulf between 'something' and 'smashing the record'.
    I agree, i meant more that i believe she actually hiked on the trail and more than likely hiked some big (or at least late) days. Whilst i doubt she hiked the entire thing, a certain amount of effort has gone in to this to make it more than a random claim from someone on the internet. So however it came to be, i think it's going to be an interesting listen.

i've been involved with many speed hikes. this person is too fat at the end to be believed. wake up yoou gullibles

Images

i've been involved with many speed hikes. this person is too fat at the end to be believed. wake up yoou gullibles
    I agree. If I had more energy I would post pictures of jfd, Scott, Anish, Matt and Karl along with her photo with the caption "which one of these things is not like the others, which one of these things doesn't belong......."
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    By far... best post I've seen in some time Mr. Frijoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfwayhiker View Post
    As a lurker through all of this, here's my prediction as to how all of this will play out, FWIW:
    After a week or two of all of this drama, Ninja will say that life is too short to be taken down by all of the negativity. That she knows in her heart what she has done and that either you believe or you don't but that the problem is with you. And that she is going to get on with her life and leave all of this behind.

We'll see.
    So no Oprah yeah?

I have been following this and don't honestly believe she could have out hiked Jen, Scott or Karl (nor do I have anywhere near the endurance to do anything near what they accomplished). I think it's great that she is trying to raise awareness for her cause but one thing tickles me the wrong way. If she is hiking to raise awareness against the poor sexual treatment of women, why all the photos of her topless and naked at overlooks? That sure as hell doesn't help her cause. In my opinion, it does more harm to the cause than it does justice. She seems like she has some serious issues and should see a doctor. Anyways, just though I'd get my opinion out there since everyone else has.

Quote Originally Posted by Studlintsean View Post
    If she is hiking to raise awareness against the poor sexual treatment of women, why all the photos of her topless and naked at overlooks? That sure as hell doesn't help her cause. In my opinion, it does more harm to the cause than it does justice.
    I'll bite- and I can't speak for every woman- but many women feel that reclaiming their bodies is empowering. Sort of the idea that we should stop thinking of women's breasts as existing solely to titillate and excite men (or for the male gaze) and see them as merely another part of a woman's body that has no overt sexual connotations, like how men are free to walk around shirtless.

I suppose you could extrapolate for the entire body- public nudity is perhaps one way to say that "this is my body, I have control over how I present it," which, for many women who have endured a LIFETIME of being told to cover up or show more skin or whatever, is entirely liberating.

Remember, rape and sexual assault is about controlling the victim; the right to consent is taken away. Choosing how to present one's own body after an experience like that can be healing.

Dunno if she's into the whole #freethenipple movement or if that's even her reasoning, but there's a possible explanation.

No, you will not see me shirtless on the AT. I have a career to think about and my mother would kill me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% agree with your assessment la.lindsay and hope I didn't rub you (or anyone else for that matter) the wrong way. Just not sure claiming to break a near impossible record publicly on the Internet posting nude (granted the are PG- rated) is the best approach (again, just my opinion).

Default Spotted her in the Shenandoah

I saw Kaiha pass Byrds Nest #3 (NOBO mile 930) around 4pm on September 3rd. I recognized her from having seen her website and cause on a thru hiker Facebook page. I said hi, told her I didn't want to hold her up, wished her well and let her get back to hiking the southern 930 miles of the AT in 15 days!? Haha That's 62mpd!
    "We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations the important thing is not to achieve, but to strive."

Evidently she hitched at least once so there goes the unsupported record

I'm not very technical but I've been following journals and video logs the last couple of years to get ideas. One photo is how I've always seen this sign and it's different in her photo, back the front.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++