WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Mods and Admins Server move issues

Sorry guys,

just saw a message that we had a server move. If this is the case grats because that was quick!! Seems to be well planned so far.

I have a few issues as a user and dont know if you are aware of them with your accounts or not but wanted to report just in case:

1.) The "new posts" section seems to be broken:

Database error
    The WhiteBlaze - Appalachian Trail database has encountered a problem.
    2.) What might be more important to you all is, I can see several "deleted posts" throughout the forum. I dont know if this was common before but i have never noticed it. Now I see them everywhere.

If these are expected problems feel free to delete this post. I just wanted to share incase they were unexpected or even issues on my side that I might need to fix.

Thanks again for all you do.

Yeah, I definitely see more deleted posts now that I never noticed before. I thought they were all deleted by Attroll (trying to find a pattern that may help) but i see some from alligator as well. Let me know if you want me to check anything out specific as I will be on for the next 5ish hours (i am network admin at work, what else is there to do )

Quote Originally Posted by Mtsman View Post
    Sorry guys,

just saw a message that we had a server move. If this is the case grats because that was quick!! Seems to be well planned so far.

I have a few issues as a user and dont know if you are aware of them with your accounts or not but wanted to report just in case:

1.) The "new posts" section seems to be broken:

Database error
    2.) What might be more important to you all is, I can see several "deleted posts" throughout the forum. I dont know if this was common before but i have never noticed it. Now I see them everywhere.

If these are expected problems feel free to delete this post. I just wanted to share incase they were unexpected or even issues on my side that I might need to fix.

Thanks again for all you do.
    Same here about the new posts!

Database error

Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the www.whiteblaze.net home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.
    The www.whiteblaze.net forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

Using the Tapatalk app, I can no longer view the forums as a timeline. Might just be that the timeline of posts got reset with the server move, might be indicative of a bigger problem.

Images

Both "What's New" and "Todays Posts" don't work, returning a Database error in both IE and Chrome browsers.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Just tried those myself in a web browser as well. Must be why Tapatalk's app is having difficulties communicating with the site.

I got the "database error" earlier today when clicking on NEW and TODAY's POSTS, but the issue seems to be resolved now.

Yup, i came here to say new posts works again! Great job guys~!~!

Journal Entries

Not sure who to thank, but THANK YOU!

With the fixes to the today and new posts functions, Tapatalk is now working as well.

I am suddenly noticing that any photos that I try to upload give an error, saying that they are over the size limit. This happened with photos that I uploaded in a previous thread, so, unless there is now a size limitation that there wasn't before, this is an issue. If this limitation is on purpose, my vote is to bring the limit back to what it was before.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thank you all for being patient with me on this. I would have replied earlier but I have been busy troubleshooting and trying to fix all the little issues that popped up.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Thank you all for being patient with me on this. I would have replied earlier but I have been busy troubleshooting and trying to fix all the little issues that popped up.
    Way too easy attroll. Server moves are usually much much worse than this. I am completely surprise that you were only down for roughly 5 minutes and even more surprised there are not even more issues than there is. Good job on you and your team.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mtsman View Post
    Way too easy attroll. Server moves are usually much much worse than this. I am completely surprise that you were only down for roughly 5 minutes and even more surprised there are not even more issues than there is. Good job on you and your team.
    O, there were more issues. You just did not see everything I did. Just glad I was able to keep everyone happy.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++