WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    Attachment 12929See? ....message too short.....
    Strange. Must be a browser setting. Are you using IE?
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

sounds like operator error to me.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Strange. Must be a browser setting. Are you using IE?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    sounds like operator error to me.
    You shut up.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Journal Entries
    Images

Yes.
    I don't see how this would cause the problem but you may want to check your VIEW settings in your browser. Try clicking on view in the top of you browser. You text size should be Medium.
    That is the only thing I can think of right now that could cause this. Maybe a virus protection program running in the background could do this.
    AT Troll (2010)

Images

I don't see how this would cause the problem but you may want to check your VIEW settings in your browser. Try clicking on view in the top of you browser. You text size should be Medium.
    That is the only thing I can think of right now that could cause this. Maybe a virus protection program running in the background could do this.
    Nope.

This was not an issue until the upgrade.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

You shut up.
    * giggle *

Journal Entries

I am not sure what you are referring to but once the web page is done loading then it should not move or jump around. Maybe the page is not done loading before you have started scrolling down to read.
    It happens when I reply to a thread. I'll get half way through my thoughts, and my reply keeps jumping back to the middle of what I've already written.

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    It happens when I reply to a thread. I'll get half way through my thoughts, and my reply keeps jumping back to the middle of what I've already written.
    I have the same issue, if I type half a sentense then pause to think my curser ends up moving to another part of the text. I think it is because I am draging my thumb over the mousepad and inadvertantly moving the curser. I use a laptop most of the time and the mousepad is just below the keyboard.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

yes, that is a computer issue. wherever your typing jumps to is wherever your cursor was sitting. you can go in to your control panel and adjust your sensitivity settings.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    yes, that is a computer issue. wherever your typing jumps to is wherever your cursor was sitting. you can go in to your control panel and adjust your sensitivity settings.
    I use a desktop -- now 4-5 years old. It never happened before the upgrade. The cursor remains where I pause to think. But the visible text jumps back several lines. Again and again. Eventually, I say to hell with it and either stop there, or cancel the whole reply. It is especially irritating when I reply with quote. Because then the jump back begins even earlier.

If I just move down the story it doesn't stay stable for more than a second, but jumps back up. Moving the cursor character by character to where the jumping started allows me to at least finish a sentence. I wish I could think of something else to say so that it would happen on this post and I could tell you just where the jumping began. Okay, I made it. The jump happened after the words "jumping began." The cursor remains where it was. But the last typed text is not longer visible.

Does seem to happen more when posting with a quote.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

I use a desktop -- now 4-5 years old. It never happened before the upgrade. The cursor remains where I pause to think. But the visible text jumps back several lines. Again and again. Eventually, I say to hell with it and either stop there, or cancel the whole reply. It is especially irritating when I reply with quote. Because then the jump back begins even earlier.

If I just move down the story it doesn't stay stable for more than a second, but jumps back up. Moving the cursor character by character to where the jumping started allows me to at least finish a sentence. I wish I could think of something else to say so that it would happen on this post and I could tell you just where the jumping began. Okay, I made it. The jump happened after the words "jumping began." The cursor remains where it was. But the last typed text is not longer visible.

well, that's just weirdness.

Journal Entries
    Images

I am posting with a quote now and the window is staying stable with no jumping at all.
    When you are replying using the browser IE, does the DONE display in the bottom left of the browser before you start typing?
    AT Troll (2010)

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey attroll,

What is the status of the random photo stream that used to be on the homepage? That was certainly a favorite (of mine anyway).

Also wondering about ratings, comments and views of photos. Can those be added to the photo thumbnails? That way it is not necessary to open the photo to see if it has been rated, commented on or viewed.

Thanks!

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mountain squid View Post
    Hey attroll,

What is the status of the random photo stream that used to be on the homepage? That was certainly a favorite (of mine anyway).

Also wondering about ratings, comments and views of photos. Can those be added to the photo thumbnails? That way it is not necessary to open the photo to see if it has been rated, commented on or viewed.

Thanks!

See you on the trail,
    mt squid
    After the software upgrade I was able to keep the old front page of the web site up and running. But I was not able to get the rotating images back on the old front page. We will eventually be going to the new front page. I have been working on this new front page for quite some time now and it is still nowhere near ready. It is still a long ways down the road before this new front page will be ready.

If you would like a glimpse of what the new front page will look like you can view it here but keep in mind that it is no where near done. I will be a while before I can get it done.
    AT Troll (2010)

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks for the update and all the Hard Work! The new home page looks good.

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Looks good. Thanks for all your hard work.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Any chance we can get a "back to top" button at the bottom of every thread page?
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey Attrol,
    The main page is borderless around avatars and allows me to be a little creative - Then the posts stuff a square border - How do I turn it off?

EXAMPLE.

borderless.JPG
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

Another thing why is the tool to link photo missing in wildlife?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++