WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Sedona, AZ

Journal Entries
    Images

:banana Sedona, AZ

I'm looking forward to a trip in March to Sedona, unfortunately with a bunch of non hikers. I've done a little research and it seems Bell Rock might be a easy day hike even for them. I'll probably bring my boots in hopes of getting out. I do't think that I'll be able to get my faithful companionStick on the airplane, he'll have to sit this hike out.

Does anybody have any other suggestions for a day hike?
    76 HawkMtn w/Rangers
    14 LHHT
    15 Girard/Quebec/LostTurkey/Saylor/Tuscarora/BlackForest
    16 Kennerdell/Cranberry-Otter/DollyS/WRim-NCT
    17 BearR
    18-19,22 AT NOBO 1562.2
    22 Hadrian's Wall
    23 Cotswold Way

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RangerZ View Post
    I'm looking forward to a trip in March to Sedona, unfortunately with a bunch of non hikers. I've done a little research and it seems Bell Rock might be a easy day hike even for them. I'll probably bring my boots in hopes of getting out. I do't think that I'll be able to get my faithful companionStick on the airplane, he'll have to sit this hike out.

Does anybody have any other suggestions for a day hike?
    There are two I recommend for non-hikers.

Palatki - 1 mile - It's an easy ranger-led hike to see ancient pictographs.
    Boynton Canyon - 2 miles - Hike to the energy vortex site. A small bit of elevation. Great and beautiful views. Arrive around 3pm and you might see the local who hands out heart shape rocks and plays a flute on top of the rock formation.
    "Though I have lost the intimacy with the seasons since my hike, I retain the sense of perfect order, of graceful succession and surrender, and of the bold brilliance of fall leaves as they yield to death." - David Brill

west fork of oak creek canyon - most scenic and most packed with tourists, but good for beginners

No suggestions for you because I too am going to Sedona in March - my first time there! Going to southern AZ first, so likely won't reach Sedona until around the Equimox.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ImAfraidOfBears View Post
    west fork of oak creek canyon - most scenic and most packed with tourists, but good for beginners
    +1 It is now a fee area, go early, the parking lot fills fairly quick.

At the southern end of the town is a ranger station, and you should be able to pick up a map of all of the forest service roads and trail heads that are close to the town. A number of Pre historic dwellings are near by.

Up the road near flagstaff is Walnut Canyon, it is a jewel.

I've heard that Cathedral Rock is awesome. Reportedly, it's not too difficult for non-hikers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    I've heard that Cathedral Rock is awesome. Reportedly, it's not too difficult for non-hikers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Yep, cathedral is a pleasant walk. Maybe 3-4 miles all the way around, not much elevation change and very pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++