WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos1Prodigy View Post
    I have my plan's made for March 2017,I'm thinking on Maine to Georgia this will be my 1st hike I'm excited and anxious can't wait I'm doing this to find myself again!
    Make sure to keep in touch with Baker Park. Katahdin may not be open in March. We will be right behind you on 17 June

Arriving Atlanta 10 Mar 17, start date 12 Mar 17. Visa done, flight booked, accommodation in Atlanta booked. Just need to get some food on the Saturday and get to Springer Mt on the Sunday to start.
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

I'm planning on doing a flip flop thru Hike in 2017

I am planning a thru starting on or around March 19, 2017 (my 50th birthday) I haven't decided on NOBO or Flip Flop. I'm starting to lean toward a F/F because we are working toward moving to TN this year and it would allow me to hike toward home and get Katahdin out of the way at the mid-way point.

I will be starting March 1 2017!

Journal Entries
    Images

I will be leaving sometime around the 17th of march

planning on starting around 28-29 March, had all planned out for this year, but had to abandon all plans close to take off because family trouble

Default Yes

I am, though I haven't picked the exact date or direction. I've hiked the Ga. and NC. sections already so I really don't feel like starting at Springer lol. So I may do a flip, Harpers-Kahtahdin, Harpers-Springer. I'll have my mind made up by this fall and will register with the ATC. In the meantime I've been obsessed (having fun) with maintaining a base of 10lbs.
    Last edited by The Roaming Gnome; 06-08-2016 at 09:39.

Journal Entries

Targeting an SP from Springer Mtn on 22 Feb 2017. I would leave on inauguration day, but my Bride requested that I attend a wedding in mid-Feb here in GA.

We'll be on the trail going for #2. We hiked NOBO in 15 finishing in Maine on 7/9.

This time around we'll be heading SOBO, and leaving around the beginning of August. We're also going to be taking a different route this time around. We'll be starting at the northern terminus for the Long Trail, and hiking south to Hot Springs NC. From there we'll connect NFS trails, and old forest roads to skip around the Smoky's ending up in Bryson City NC. Once there we'll canoe the length of Fontana Lake taking out at Fontana Village, and hike to Springer on the AT. After that we'll be connecting to the Pinhoti Trail to finish out the trip.
    AT15
    OT15

When do they put up a Sub-Forum for the "Class of 2017"?
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Planning a flip-flop starting in April 2017; I've come to understand that the trails in Vermont are "closed" prior to Memorial day, so I think I'll start with the Flip-Flop Festival at Harper's Ferry.

Default trail close 2017

I heard rumor that the AT will be closed for 2017. Maybe there will be no 2017 hikers!!!

Journal Entries
    Images

Squeeze box. You funny. I'm planning on starting Springer March 13th. NOBO. I did consider a flip-flop but for some reason in my mind I just can't consider a flip-flop a THRU-HIKE. IDK why. It just doesn't click that way with me. I know it's still a thru-hike. So. Yuppers!!!!!!! March 13th day after time change.

ABSOLUTELY!! Been prepping for 3 years, actually (lol), but I pulled the retirement plug Jan 1, relocated to our new home in FL, and am amping up our plans! Got the data book and Companion. Most/all of our gear is obtained. Gonna hike the 280 mile Superior Hiking Trail in Aug/Sept as a longer distance trial run of our stuff (and us!)

But, we (as an older couple) plan to complete the thru-hike in unorthodox order (for weather, trail, and crowd reasons). Start around Pawling, NY; hike SB to Troutville, VA. Flip up to ME in July and hike SB to Pawling; then flip back to Troutville to finish SB at our leisure. So......maybe we'll meet along the way?

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bark View Post
    ABSOLUTELY!! Been prepping for 3 years, actually (lol), but I pulled the retirement plug Jan 1, relocated to our new home in FL, and am amping up our plans! Got the data book and Companion. Most/all of our gear is obtained. Gonna hike the 280 mile Superior Hiking Trail in Aug/Sept as a longer distance trial run of our stuff (and us!)

But, we (as an older couple) plan to complete the thru-hike in unorthodox order (for weather, trail, and crowd reasons). Start around Pawling, NY; hike SB to Troutville, VA. Flip up to ME in July and hike SB to Pawling; then flip back to Troutville to finish SB at our leisure. So......maybe we'll meet along the way?
    I'll be up near Superior in Aug. might see ya. I'm starting this week for 430 mile shake down hike from Neels Gap to Damascus

BF86,
    We are getting our miles in for an early March departure.

Planning to give it a shot starting in March 2017.

Heading to Georgia on February 24, and starting the approach on the 26th. I'm taking the winter semester off of college, and hoping to finish mid August to go back in the fall.

Journal Entries

I'm going to give it a 2nd try, flip-flop style, starting Harper's Ferry in mid April.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++