WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Very impressed with some of the content on the forum.

College kid, last summer, going to play good and spend the summer on the trail. Won't have a place to call home anyway as my lease will be up, roommates moving out, and parents are relocating. Goin' low budget. Got gear, Eagle scout, not my first rodeo, but always seeking improvement. We'll see how far I go, starting second week of May, ending third week of August. Will have to leave temporarily in the middle of July for a sister's wedding. It's getting better all the time!

Hello and welcome to all new and existing forum members, As I am also new and have just joined the white-blaze forum. So that would be some nice place to have some chat with other forum members as there are some very nice topics and discussion.
    Thanks. . .
    camron

Hello! I've been here before, but figured I would say hello, and greet you all once more! I've thru-hiked the MMM Trail, which is now a majority of the NET, three times, Vermont's "Long Trail" once, and I've also done the entire MA portion of the AT. Happy hiking!

Hi, I am new and am in love with the AT. Hoping to make new friends with hikers! And I have some questions to ask. Nice to meet you guys.

Hey!

I am a complete gearhead and that is what first brought me to Whiteblaze, but as I browsed through the forums the idea of completing a Thru Hike on the AT just keeps on resonating with me and I think Thoreau says it best, "We cannot see anything until we are possesed with the idea of it, take it into our heads, and then we can hardly see anything else." I am tired of sitting in front of a computer at a desk job and am looking to get out.

I am hoping to be a part of the 2014 class and will be planning and preparing over the next year and I know this forum will be a great asset. Thanks for all the information that I have obtained so far and Thanks in advance for all the extra knowledge I will gain here!

I'm here just to say hello to everyone. I'm a newbie at this forum, I looked through some threads and found them very interesting that' why I joined this forum.

hello everyone! I am new to this forum.. I've been checking posts here and decided to join the community...

I have hiked the AT only in New Jersey, im going to school for an ABSN of nursing. In a year I would like to begin sectionally hiking the whole AT. Very excited!

Hello AT forum. I'm really glad to that a fellow hiker suggested I check this site out. I'm seeing tons of great knowledge and info sharing. I live neer Harpers Ferry and Annapolis rock section of the trail. I've hiked / trail run these sections for a few years. Hoping one day to do a thru hike. Jopw to see ya on the trail... T

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Welcome tolowo!

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Welcome tolowo!
    Nice find, DH... welcome tolowo80!

Wow.. I'm lovin the TrustMeImNice username... that ROCKS!

I am happy to have found this sight and thank you for allowing me to contribute. The AT has been calling me for many years and now that I have the time, I hope to get out and enjoy it. I am originally from Mass. but have transplanted myself in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley in VA. I am 51 years old and a 23 year vet of the Army and have lots of experience in living outdoors. I have spent many months in the Sonoma desert working on the Border Patrol, Have hiked up Mt. Washington in summer and winter and have spent many days in the woods here in VA. hunting the native Brook Trout. During my tour in Iraq in 08-09 I injured my back and pretty much was laid up for a long time. That being said, I am overweight and out of shape but, working on getting in better shape by walking and backpacking. My hope is that by the last week in April to May 16-18 I will be able to hike from Harpers Ferry to Damascus for Trail Days. I am slowly building on my gear as my limited income allows but still need to gather a few things. I hope to catch you on the trail.

Hey... I'm just around the corner from you. I'm a Damn Yankee too! I love living in the South!

Nice to have you here!

Nice. I read your post about hiking alone on the AT and would love to join you sometime. Where are you from originally?

I'm from New Hampshire. How about you?

Yeah, I don't hike alone... just with my daughter.

hello everyone. i'm new to long distance hiking, but i have hiked lots of day trails in various state and national parks. i also enjoy camping. i hiked a very small portion of the AT in GSMNP several years ago. i recently decided i want to thru hike the AT and have started saving money. i'm planning on a spring 2016 nobo trip. this is an awesome resource for newcomers and it seems like a great place to connect to other AT people in general.

Welcome to WB skintchicken!! Jump right in and make yourself at home!

HM....Damn Yankee is going to join us on our Snickers Gap to Keyes Gap hike on the way to your place.....and who knows what else. DY....are you up for James River w/ HM, DeerHunter, Furlough, JohnnyBGood and a cast of thousands? April 26....check out the Spring Trip 2014 group on my profile page.
    Last edited by Teacher & Snacktime; 02-06-2014 at 20:05.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    HM....Damn Yankee is going to join us on our Snickers Gap to Keyes Gap hike on the way to your place.....and who knows what else. DY....are you up for James River w/ HM, DeerHunter, Furlough, JohnnyBGood and a cast of thousands? April 25....check out the Spring Trip 2014 group on my profile page.
    Glad he's going to join ya, Teach. DY is already in the group.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Shows how well I keep track, DH.....I've got to get organized! This year's trip is a month-long odyssey that I'm hoping will rival a Cecil B DeMille movie in terms of the cast of hikers we meet! All I have to do for now is try to keep track of when we're hiking and with whom!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++