I beginning to section the IAT this summer and looking for anyone that has done it, as any tips, lives in the area and can help with shuttles or supply advice, or really any other advice people may have. I live in the Chicago area so the IAT gives me a good chance to hit the trail more often than if I am driving to the NCT or AT all the time. I frequently backpack with my kids so I am thinking of knocking out the completed segments (especially within the state parks) with them and then dealing with the more mundane street walking segments on my own (hopefully at a faster pace ). Seems like longer backpacking trips may not be in the cards for this trail since the sleeping options aren't all that great trail wide. But that works out okay for me. I am more concerned with shuttles for the remote areas. I contacted the IAT alliance already for their help. Anyone know if the Atlas and/or companion are must buys or just good to have? Looks like the Atlas is a must at least. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!