RELIGION does it belong in Trail Magic? I've experience first hand false trail magic. False trail magic you ask whats that? People and groups who condemn you if you prayer or question the utterance of God. People who stand gap to gap sometimes ten deep...offering candy and cold drinks to the hungry and thirsty. These people are not giving trail magic. But are offering a apple of contempt. To see this as a true Hiker namely someone who does without said magic...is something wickedly in their offerings. "Born again Christians" owning hostels WHERE you must PRAY...or holding hands in a Sprtiual belief. Being told time and again by a hostle owner in Monson Me..."I am a good and faithful Christian". All the while this said hostel owner sent hikers into the rain...while giving a great discount to "Christan Cyclists for Christ". Both on food though they ate all their meals at a local Pastors home. To cancelling the day of which turned to be severe storms...but she felt bad for them. Screw the hikers unless you follow and cower...be ye damned to Hell eternal. Im not one to condemn a person regardless if they have Faith or not...just dont come offering bounty and gifts and slapping me with a Bible. Thats not Christian or any true FAITH...that in and of itself is sickening. Ive paid all who offered trail magic...because I dont accept Religious donations. Would like to ask everyone how you feel about this subject? The worst case for me was in Allan Gap or is it Allen Gap either way...was truly Hell on Earth. Being force fed "Born Again" beliefs over food. Could I had walked away yes...but they never said they were Religious just "free food". To me that is truly sickening preaching in the name of God and the Almighty. Religious CULT'S savoring over said ignorant or lonely hikers..."YELLOW DELI" I mean you. Would like AWOLS future books to warn people if they are requires to prayer let alone sell their souls for a coke.