Warning: Ultra lighters read and view with caution.

Well, and future hikers reading this can learn from my "mistakes". After running very low on food going into Hiawassee, I always carried extra food, and 90% of the time had a loaf of bread hanging from my pack. Due to a handful of things in Erwin, TN, my eyes were 100x larger than my backbone, and I was rushed and bought a ton of food. Okay, so I estimate 50-60lbs easily.

I had help putting my pack on so I could get to the shelter where I took 2 zero-days to eat food. It was quite awesome, and I ate well. The zero days were not planned, but required. I never let my eyes get bigger than my backbone after this, but did always carry a solid amount of food.

The red bag is stuffed with foods/snacks. A yellow bag inside the pack was stuffed with meals, and I had to hang the leftovers. Pack (thankfully) held up to this load just fine. And noticed I wasn't even paying attention to weight when buying food (Two Pound loaf of bread). I also always had a 2lb Peanut Butter jar on the pole, as I made a holder for it and could replace as needed.

I ate pretty well for quite sometime. Toast on the trail is amazing, and I hope a few people remember this, the story or the $120 walmart receipt that I carried the entire way and have in the scrapbook... I learned a lesson that day, but stand by carrying plenty of food. Just not, crazy amounts...