While researching matters related to a planned SOBO AT section hike in October I've learned that there's no camping between Alec Kennedy and Darlington Shelters, except at the campsite at Boiling Springs.

Given this information, this means that there is going to be a 14.7 mile day to be had between Alec Kennedy shelter and Boiling Springs. I'll be only 26 miles into getting my trail legs, and I'm not confident that I'll be able to cover the 14.7 mile distance on legs that are still getting acclimated. I'm working on building up my stamina in advance of starting out, but I'm not expecting to be a super-fast hiker at age 65.

What options I might have for holing up for the night along this stretch, if any, aside from getting a motel room on U.S. 11 near Carlisle? I'll get a room if I have to, but I was hoping to spend more time in the woods and less time in civilization whenever possible. I also don't want to overdo it, and risk injury by getting out of the gate too fast. Thanks in advance for any info.