After 600 miles in the Zpacks duplex I have officially sold it, and have purchased a new 2020 Tarptent Stratospire 2. Why?

1- One of the main reasons I got the duplex was for the upcoming terrain of New Hampshire and southern Maine. Now that that is behind me, I am more lenient on my pack weight. As in I am ok with the extra 1.5 lbs for the comfort and protection I get from the strato 2.

My pack weight including 4 days resupply and 2 liters of water for my 1 week hike last month in the whites was 16 lbs, so now that easier hikes are in my future, i can handle the extra weight lol

2- Almost every night of using the duplex i would tell myself "I miss my tarptent". and when the opportunity presented itself here on WB, I took the opportunity to listen to what my experience was telling me.

3- Out of over 2000 miles of hiking, the strato 2 NEVER let me down, and NEVER exposed me to waking up wet. The duplex out of 600 miles let me down 1 night. On top of smarts mountain in New Hampshire.

This go around I opted for the manufacture seam seal option. Any experiences with this??