Hi, I am new here so hopefully this post is OK and in the right sub-forum. I am a 2019 thru-hiker and I have put together a Google spreadsheet with various information and tools that I hope will help make planning an Appalachian Trail thru-hike easier. There's a lot to it, so check it out for yourselves, but the key features include:

• A customizable food resupply shopping list that will calculate things like: total and daily calories, calories by type of meal, estimated total food weight, and the percentages of carbs, fat and protein. You can specify the number of meals/days you need to resupply and your preferred number of calories and nutritional balance and see how your shopping list compares.
  • A fairly complete list of points of interest along the trail that can be filtered.
  • The ability to select mail drop locations from the POI sheet and automatically generate mailing list labels for them.
  • Some extra information that I found here and there during my research, some of which originated on WhiteBlaze.

This is a project I started before my thru-hike last year but wasn't able to finish in time but I finally found some time recently. You may ask why do this at all when we already have AWOL and Guthook. I used both of those and would highly recommend them to anyone. My goal is not to replace those. But, for planning purposes, I feel like what I have put together can be of some value. Hopefully you all will agree but I'd love any feedback you have about it.

It's a Google sheet so you can make a copy and use it online. Find it at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing