Hi everyone,
So, on my first long hike, I brought a ready-made Adventure Medical Kits .5 kit. I thought it seemed pretty great, but didn't even really know most of what was in it,
and used almost none of it (luckily). Almost only a bunch of extras I'd brought myself, such as hydrocortisone cream (my no. 1 go-to, an absolute blessing for my feet) and triple antibiotic ointment. The .5 kit had some very thin, tiny sheet of moleskin, but I used my own superior roll a lot instead.
I know a fair bit about first aid, but I'd say I'm mostly afraid of setting out with just what I chose. It's really a mental block and anxiety. So I'd be very interested
to get your opinions, not on what I shouldn't take (I'm already sure I want everything on my list), but on what I might really be missing. Many, many thanks
in advance for your valued input!!

-Set of about 20 bandaids (I like specific water resistant Elastoplasts, the only ones that work on me) including kunckles, large, small, curved, etc., and a small sample of truly waterproof ones)
-2x quick suture bandages
-4x alcohol swabs
-4x benzalkonium chloride wipes (which do not harm tissue... the alcohol swabs are only extra)
-Triple antibiotic ointment (Polysporin)
-1% hydrocortisone cream (I got 1% on prescription, but 0.5% is available over the counter in Canada - I had trouble finding more than 0.2% in PA and NJ though!!)
-3x electrolyte oral rehydration packets
-12x loperamide 2mg anti-diarrheal tablets
-5cmx4m gauze bandage
-1 safety pin
-Few feet of medical tape (the one that kills you after a blood test) around a piece of credit card
-Few feet of leukotape around a piece of credit card
And, kept elsewhere but also important: emergency blanket, all my pills, vitamin I (with proton pump inhibitors to save my stomach), tylenol, aspirin, benadryl, etc. etc.
I DID leave out the heavy and sizable tick tweezers. Are they really necessary? (We don't have ticks YET here, but I'd be hiking in tick territory) Can I get by with Swiss knife tweezers? is that a really stupid question?

Thanks again for the input!