Looking for recommended tweaks to a typical southeastern US dayhike gear list for use at Humphreys Peak in Northern AZ later this month. I'm usually pretty careful and don't skimp on the essentials.

Obviously I'll carry more water - possibly upwards of 4L. I always have trekking poles, so that's a given. Some of the things I'm less sure about are:

shorts vs. long pants: Although I have some nylon quick-dry shorts with pockets, I almost always hike in long pants b/c of ticks (mine are Insect Shield treated) and reducing the severity of scrapes if I slip and fall. Obviously they have more sun protection and warmth in cooler weather, too. But they're not the quickest drying stuff: they're Dickie's work pants, 65% poly/35% cotton. I do have some untreated, light nylon long pants, too. Thoughts?

Similarly, shirt: I have IS-treated LS and SS shirts.

Light fleece 1/4 zip vs. down puffy?

Baseball style cap vs. 360-deg brim hat?

Bandana(s) vs. Buff?

SOL emerg bivy vs. mountaineering bivy? I'm thinking former b/c I expect others will be out on the trail - it'll be June, and probably a weekend day. I have a PLB anyway (hope can bring on plane, will have to check).

Bug headnet vs. Picaridin vs. DEET? (those are my prefs in order)

Gloves? (if so, type?)

Footwear wise, I'm planning on trail runners. I have a couple pair that are broken in; one is a little firmer sole than the other. I'll bring a change of socks, I've seen that mentioned a couple times.

Poncho (w/belt) vs. rain jacket?

Thanks in advance for feedback.

-- TZ