I'm planning this year's hike. Hopefully I will finish the trail with 315 miles to go. In planning, I try to find out about the places I may be staying off trail, so here are some questions. Any and all input is appreciated. By the way, I'm using the 2108 AT Guide for planning, so my info may be outdated.

1. Human-Nature Hostel, Roxbury, Maine seems like a good place to stop. They have two pickups - morning and afternoon. If I miss the afternoon or morning pickup depending an when I get there, is there another way to get to the hostel? Any comments about the hostel, which would be helpful to know?
  2. Stratton Motel & Hostel, Stratton, Maine. Their guide info says they will pick up at the trailhead if available. Same question as above - if not available, is there another way to get to the hostel? Any comments about the hostel, which would be helpful to know?
  3. White House Landing Camps, Millinocket, Maine. This is roughly 70 miles into the 100 mile wilderness. I'm looking to stop there mostly for resupply, whether they sell food there or I send in a package. I'm not sure how to get to the camp. The AT Guide really doesn't say anything about it. Is this the place where you have to ring a bell to get them to pick you up? Anyway, bottom line is how do I get there from the trail at mile 2145.2 NOBO?
  4. Last, where is the best place to stay after summitting Katahdin? It looks like the best place to fly out of will be Bangor, so locale to transportation to Bangor is important.

Thank you for any help on these items and I welcome any wisdom you may wish to share on anything during this part of my hike.