The croc (and alternatives) discussion is always a good debate. I would stress that they are called “Camp Shoes” because that is their number one purpose. I didn’t really Ford a river until Maine, and that is when they multipurposes as a water shoe. Just something to keep in mind.

Another thought I have is something that I am changing after my Thru Hike. Like you, I opted for the Pre Cip and Pack cover for Warmth and Rain protection. People are correct that you will “wet out” sooner or later on the trail and I agree. However, I found a cheap (“free Hiker box”) Dry Duck poncho that worked the best for me. However, it was hard to get on and off, without someone pulling it down in back and it just seemed to not ride real even or well. I also never used the Pre Cip for warmth because of my Houdini Windshirt serving multiple purposes. Bottom line, I am getting “The Packa” for future use. Also, my pack cover has been abused and has small rips tears and slices in it. Many hikers complained that pack covers wetted out quicker than the rain jacket itself. I truly believe I would have loved the pack cover, poncho, and rain jacket all in one; which is what The Packa is. You might want to check it out. Especially if you are a Windshirt using Hiker.

In in the end, your gear is your personal choice as to what you desire to use and carry.