Okay boys, I might as well share some of my new dehydrator meal ideas for an upcoming trip.

This is self explanatory---as these veggie patties are easy to dry and you can crumble them up and add to soups or brown rice etc.

This is a brand new idea I got from the Walmart dairy shelves and so I thought I'd give it a try---Dried egg white thins. I'll either eat them as a trail snack or add them to my meals.

A staple of my backpacking diet is organic brown rice---and here's my way of preparing it for backpacking:
** Cook up 2 full cups of dry brown rice with 6 cups of water, salt and plenty of olive oil. Cook for around 60 minutes at simmer.
** Once cooled put in blender and thoroughly blend, adding water to allow it to blend. Not too thick, not too thin.
** Pour on dryer tray sheets.
** As above, when done crumble up in ziplocks. Cook in field as you would oatmeal. Add dried beans for a complete protein meal---for those of us who are vegetarians.

The obligatory dried fruit tray. This time peaches.

This is another new idea I got from the grocery store---dried mashed cauliflower. Add to soups etc.

Other frozen meals are also excellent to dry---just dry and ziploc and then put in pot with a little water and bring to a boil and shut off stove and put in pot cozy for 30 minutes.

Another Amy's meal idea---Pasta and cheese!!