Long timer lurker, first time poster.

I’m looking for a secluded car camping spot in the White Mountains. I’ve done a bit of googling, and read that Haystack Road and Cherry Mountain Road had an number of back country sites. But then I spoke to a ranger and they said there was a big problem with squatters on those sites and “substance abuse.” He offered information on the AMC campgrounds and shelters, but that’s not really what I’m looking for. I thought I might check in here and see if yall could help.

I’ll be traveling with my girlfriend and dog on a New England road trip. We were planning on camping in the Whites for one night. I was hoping to get something that was off of a lightly traveled road, so I’m not nervous about letting the dog loose (he comes on command and tends to stay within sight of us, but being close to a highway would make me nervous none the less.) I was also looking for something that had little to no hike in. It doesn’t have to be the most beautiful site – really any patch of flat ground off of a quiet road would suffice. I know there are all sorts of these sites scattered across the park, but I can’t find details on locations online for the life of me. Usually I’d just wing it, but as I have the lady with me, I’d rather have a few confirmed options in case we end up coming in late or it’s raining. I’d prefer a spot in the central or western area of the park, but I’d take suggestion for anywhere really. Thanks!