WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default review: New Balance 510v4 trail runners.

You can tell this isn’t an affiliate link because it is a 1 star and would be zero stars if it were only possible.

https://www.amazon.com/review/RH3PC4NIVY5DP/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

the problem is that New Balance has attempted to fit every possible niche. It looks like they sell over 40 different trail runners (some just different colors). Often each color is made at a different factory in a different country.

Quality control for many lines is non-existent. One factory might produce the shoe with the proper last and cushioning technology. Another might make them with injection molds that are rock hard and inserts that provide nothing. As a result, there is no consistency and no reliability even in the same model year. (They are also making trail runners and trail walkers). One result is I am probably writing off every shoe they make as a possible shoe to wear in the future.

and I hate these. Did an overnight trip and only have one pair of shoes. I’m in pain everywhere I walk today.

Anyone have ugly ugly experiences with New Balance the last couple of years?
    Last edited by Ethesis; 06-20-2018 at 16:29.

++ New Posts ++