If you have the bullseye you need to take Doxycycline. I've lived in Tennessee and have hiked, padded, hangglided, cave explored, camped, Backpacked, fished, hunted, explored and whatever since the 1970's and I never had a plan on dealing with Lyme. On my 2011 thru-hike I was bitten by an unseen tick. I got the bullseye and was diagnosed by a doctor and given the Doxycycline. I never developed or experienced any other issues. A friend in Nashville, a non-hiker, was also bitten. He also stated that he never saw the tick, only the bullseye. Same thing with another hiker on the AT. Lesson learned is that anyone is likely to be bitten whether they're hiking or not, and you don't need a plan to be bitten. It's totally an unfortunate bit of luck, but once you've been bitten and get the bullseye you need to be on Doxycycline. Most likely you'll never have and so called "contagious lymes" so be wary of anyone that talks about it. I will note that our former governor and current US Senate prospect was also bitten, but he apparently suffered some kind of chronic lyme disease issues. So whether you have a plan or not, you need to be aware of the disease and get proper care (Doxycycline) as soon as you see the bullseye and if so everything should be good.