Dear Whiteblaze forum users,

I am doing my first ever thru-hike on the CT this summer! Right now I am considering transportation options for getting to the start in Denver. I live in Durango and I am planning to leave my car here so I have it when I return. I could take the Greyhound, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to try to find a ride with a kind Samaritan already headed that way. Lots of people travel to Denver everyday, after all. It think it could be a much more comfortable and probably more convenient way of getting to where I need. I plan to start in late June, as soon the snow has melted enough. If anyone has traveled this way I would appreciate input, or if anyone knows of someone who can give me a ride that would be even better! There are a few websites designed to help people find rides for road trips like this. Has anyone used one of these? There is also ride sharing on Craigslist.

I'm interested in any criticism of my plans or input on means of transportation to the trailhead. From what I hear transportation to the trailhead can be a tricky thing to sort out for many thru-hiker and I appreciate any help and wisdom anyone has. Thanks.

Regards,
Max