Good Morning:
I have recently purchased land about a mile from the half way point on the AT. My husband and I are building a home there for our retirement. We plan on spending many hours hiking and enjoying the world around us.
But I have a specific reason for joining this forum and that is to ask some very pointed questions about a budding plan to offer home cooked breakfasts and shelter for hikers........... but I'm not sure if that is something that a hiker would be interested in. Bottom line we enjoy people and their stories. We love to cook farm to fork meals and to feed people. We are about two years away from retirement but feeling out the possibilities of the plan now.
So question one.....Something that you ladies would consider if you where hiking in this area or dumb idea?
Question two.... if this is a viable thing how would we get the word out?
Question three....... warm dry camp site with hot shower or a room if you where interested in accommodation as well?
and for information sake........ the reason I am posting in the Female Hiking forum is because it feels much safer.
This is very very small scale. Small hiking groups, singles thing. Not massive restaurant style production.
Thanks for your time and safe travels. We are starting to experience warmer days up here but still the occasional snow storm and the spring rain.
PJ