Hello all, I have spent hours and hours researching previous posts on this site and other sites. I'm gonna get in touch with some manufacturers as well but wanted to get some responses from users with real world experience. I guess I am interested in a quilt for the weight and space savings (although I've heard some very good arguments that this may not be the case when getting into sub freezing temps). I am also interested in a more comfortable sleep system (the mummy can be a bit restricting for me).

I know this is all very dependent on the individual so I guess I'm looking for your experiences and what has worked for you.

I'm 5'11" and would consider myself a bit on the scrawny side. I tend to sleep on side and stomach. I strictly sleep on the ground.

1. Length: Being 71" tall and sleeping on my stomach a lot, I'd say 78 inches. It looks like that would be "regular" size at Enlightened Equipment and the "78L" size for the UGQ Bandit (I'm sort of looking at those two companies). That seem correct? And so if the footbox is cinched up would that shorten the length a bit? By how much? I sort of want something I can wrap myself up into.

2. Width: Choices for EE are 54", 58" and 64". For UGQ I can get 55". Any compelling reason to select any one of those? It's hard to know what I need or want. 58" seems like it's in the middle. Are ground sleepers happy with 54"? 58"?

3. Temperature: I currently use a 20 degree mummy and usually hike North East USA spring through fall. It has worked for me in all kinds of temps. With a lack of funds I need something that's all purpose, or at least as all purpose as it gets. I'd go 30*, especially since I tend to sleep a bit warm. Hard to make decisions!

4. Any concerns using a quilt in a lean to, fabric getting snagged on floor? If it's wide enough could one simply just wrap up in a quilt like a sleeping bag and sleep on the sleeping pad in this way?

5. Down okay for north east summers? I'm sure lots of hikers must use it and if one is careful enough then it ought to be okay. I've always used synthetic so down would be new.

The two quilts I've been looking at :

A "Regular 6' x 58" bag" (so I believe that is 78" x 58" at the top) weighs 21.13 ounces and costs $290 at EE. They treat their down. The specs page says the bag uses a 13L stuff sack but surely it would compress down by quite a bit if need be? They have some ready to order or the lead time is 2-4 weeks.

A UGQ Bandit quilt measures 78" x 55" (at the top) weights 22.05 ounces and costs $199.95. They don't treat their down because they think this is a better way. Lead time is 9-10 weeks.

Is the EE worth the extra dough? Seems they are fairly similar with the EE being 3 inches wider.

Thank you to all for reading and taking the time to respond with your experience and thoughts.