First off, I love this tent and while there isn't anything wrong with the design, I tend to tinker and think and tinker some more...that's how I am wired.

Not that I've got that out of the way, one of the issues I have had with the tent is keeping the main peak lines pulled tight while, not pulling the stakes out of the ground. Last week while sleeping in my sons free standing Big Agnes tent, I stated to wonder about creating an exterior strut between the peaks to provide outward tension, there for reducing the workload of the main pullouts and stakes.

This morning, I went to the garage and found some old carbon arrows and rigged them up as a strut. Once the tent was mostly up, I inserted the strut, finished the set up and then released the tension on the peak lines. As I suspected, the tension created by the strut made it possible to completely release the tension from the peak line while not sacrificing the rigidity of the tent.

While this was my first attempt, I've decided that I need stiffer arrows and will try again. I will see what else I come up with and will likely post it for anyone remotely curious.

While I didn't weigh the strut, it was light enough to not be an issue.

Happy camping!