WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Nobo 2018!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

:banana Nobo 2018!

Hey Hikers!

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member on White Blaze! Peter Pan is what my friends have deemed my trail name. ...more about that later!

Currently I am sitting on the balcony of a hotel while on vacation in the middle of downtown Chicago. It's been months of views like this that have sealed my fate -- I have finally decided that I am ready to take the plunge and start preparing to hike the AT 2018. I've found that people around me believe the word "adventure" is merely a category on Netflix...I intend on having as many adventures as I can...but more about that later!

Let’s rewind — I’m a 28 year old man who by all accounts has a steady life. I perform onstage for a living — mostly national tours and cruise lines. I've seen the world but something has been missing — that something is being outdoors, hiking, living off the land. While I lead a very different life now, I am reminded of my college and high school days full of camping and hiking trips -- and the wonderful neglecting and unplugging from the modern world. The AT is exactly the right direction to take at this point in my life, and of that I am sure.

I am planning on a thru hike NOBO and departing during the spring of 2018.

What I’m looking for? That’s an open ended question really!

First and foremost I am in search of a hiking buddy for the duration of the hike.

Beyond companionship...

I am looking for adventure.
    I am looking for trail camaraderie and all that entails.
    I am looking for the chance to be a part of something bigger than myself.
    I am looking for things that I won’t even realize I was in search of until I reach Maine.
    I am looking to be alive...in it's truest form.

At this point I have ordered maybe half a dozen books and trail maps, began list, after list, after list...you get it. I'm excited for this immense, overwhelming, and (fingers crossed) liberating journey. Join me from pre-planning to post journey and everything crazy antic in between!

**Anyone else heading NOBO with the class of 2018 who is currently looking for a trail mate to pass the time with, contact me.
    Last edited by Peter-Pan; 07-21-2017 at 00:03.
    Cheers,
    Peter Pan

"Be Bold." - Dad

++ New Posts ++