So watch out if you stop at four pines guys! I had a terrible experience at this hostel.

I'm going to go ahead and apologize for the language but I figured if I'm going to slam a place I better be true to what the guy says right?

The owner forgot about my group after calling for a pickup for an hour and 45 minutes, his wife (who was incredibly nice) saved the day and picked us up instead. I figured hey it happens and went to the hostel anyway.

The next day I ask for a shuttle to the Post Office and Joe jokes around (so I thought at the time) that he's sick of needy hikers and gives us a hard time. So he drops 5 hikers off and says I'll be back in 15-20 minutes, after 55 someone calls him and asks if we were going to be picked up in which he responded "I know where you are. Shut the **** up." And hangs up. After he showed up saying there was a traffic accident he pretty much cussed everyone out and told two hikers they could walk to the trail head and left them, he refused to take us back to the hostel because he didn't have time and wouldn't give directions after leaving us at a gas station. 15 minutes later he shoes back up with another hiker and says to get in. We passed the hiker who called him and he said good she was ****ing irritating and should be walking, when I explained why she called he threatened to leave me on the side of the road.

The hostel itself was nice and everyone else was nice. It had a similar feeling to Uncle Johnny's which I very much liked. But none of that matters when you're being cussed out and the owner looks at you and says "You can ****ing walk." I will be sending a detailed letter to all the major guide books about my experience because it was unacceptable and no hiker should be treated like Joe is treating people.

I hope it's an isolated event but I doubt it.

Sweet Tea
Nobo 2017