I chose to stay at Woodchuck's two nights for my zero, because they have no drinking, and a 10:00 quiet time, and I really wanted/needed a good night's sleep. That said, once I arrived, I kind of wanted a beer myself, and had to walk to a restaurant to get one.

How about drinking until a set time, or just having a staff member around to enforce a quiet time? It's always those same three people at the campfire who get louder and louder as it gets late and they get drunker or higher. I actually enjoy some raucous laughter and noise in the evening, however, I also want to know that it will end at some specific time so I can finally sleep. Nothing is worse than 15 minutes of quiet at midnight, finally drifting off to sleep and having some drunken idiots suddenly start up the noise again.

People are going to drink/smoke/vape pretty much no matter what you do. I've found that the more professional and attentive the hostel owner was, the better behaved the guests were. It's your place, run it how you like.