Hey everyone my name is Jack, I'm starting NOBO May 8. I'll be bringing my Canon 70D to shoot a bunch of video and photos to turn into a full-length documentary after I'm finished. I'll also be uploading weekly video updates to my YouTube channel.

The decision to hike was kind of last minute. Up until March I was working on getting investors for a startup I co-founded last year. Well we did find investors. With that accomplished I realized I really hated the idea of spending the next 4-5 years sitting in this office grinding away when really what I wanted to do was hike the AT and make a documentary. It was really eye-opening when I thought it through - build a start-up, make a bunch of money, and THEN when I had free time and money, THEN I would go hike the AT and make a documentary.

I was doing it backwards! I realized I would never have more time or freedom than I do right now. Business opportunities will always be there. There were a few other reasons for leaving the business, hiking the AT was just the final puzzle piece that made it a no-brainer to drop it and move on.

Just wanted to introduce myself. Anyone else starting NOBO around the same time?