Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Some people hike State line to State line regardless where it falls, others hike from access trail to access trail, others from road crossing to road crossing. Not all plans or methods work for everyone or make sense to anyone outside of those doing it.
fine, and maybe someone like the OP will read about how to actually hike to the border versus the idea of just stopping a hike at a place where it makes sense to stop with regards to setting up their next section hike and change their mind, one way or the other.

to me, their original concept of where they were considering parking their car tells me they were planning on hiking to jug end. then you all started with this stuff about hiking to just the border, going so far as to debate where the actual border (as opposed to the sign) really is. can someone who cares about this explain to me why hiking in this manner makes sense? convince me. maybe ill change my ways. what is the significance of a geopolitical boundary to how someone plans a hike?