OK gang ,

I'm back into it (backpacking) after 15 years of a health related hiatus . It was one thing after another and I guess part of getting old (66 years old). This might sound fool hearty but I'm not ready to stop what I love doing . About 3 weeks ago I decided that I was breaking free once again and back packing after 15 years . I've been out on trails getting used to them and getting past the pain in my feet . I suffer from Neuropathy . I walk with the feeling of walking on stones bare footed . I won't complain about that as I'm working past the pain blocking it out of my mind as much as I can .

The real problem is a compounded one . I can not find comfortable hiking boots OR ones that fit me as well . The big hurtle is my foot is a #16 wide and the boots are very hard to find . when I do find them , regardless of the quality of the boot , none of them are as comfortable as my NB Cross Trainers I've been hiking in . It's like throwing money out the window comfort wise . Running shoes are just as bad . Soooo , I'm living with these cross trainers which lack traction but they get me down the trail .

If any of you have a similar problem , please give me your advice / findings .

Regards ,
Gonzo