Obviously, some wish to attack me now. Some of you are like wash woman wanting to drag me into your soap opera hiking drama. Arguments, contentious debates, taking offense, complaining, being annoyed, angry, frustrated, etc seems to be the order of the day.

Don't confuse what I said. Read the very brief respectful exchange Alpine Bomber and I had AND DO NOT CONFUSE WHAT I SAID WITH WHAT ANYONE ELSE HAS SAID TO ALPINE BOMBER on that LT water thread OR the REI credit application thread AP started. Read my comments to her on both threads. I stand by what I said. People put her on the spot on both threads going so far as what I too would consider attacking her. That wasn't me! I think she handled herself extremely well. IMHO, she demonstrates a whole lot more maturity and conscientiousness than many.

Someone started a thread mentioning not wanting to buy "expensive" books. I didn't know what she means by too expensive so I told her where she could get a LT book for under $20. I see them being sold for under $17. In that book is the water info, in detail, she wanted. I also made a brief comment addressing her water question. I thought that might be helpful to mention especially in regards to a tight budget. I did nudge her a bit reminding her paying for this book can help support the trail shes on. I NEVER said it was a requirement for her to buy a book to support the LT. That wasn't trying to lay a guilt trip on anyone; that was attempting to make someone aware of giving back. She came back telling me she supports trails in her own way. In hindsight, I didn't need to say that to AP - WHY - because she already knew it! She's already giving back on her terms. Giving shouldn't be something that is forced upon someone. That's extortion. She showed us how conscientious she is, more so than some others. If it's taken offensively when someone is attempting to remind others that hiking isn't all about taking that's there problem. Just my 2 cts.