WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Beer Mug that keeps hot hot and cold chilled for a long time (Vac Seal)

These mugs are popping up at popular restaurants for a wide assortment of drinks as a double wall aluminum vac sealed chamber. Weight is about 6 ounces for the one I have. They are great for coffee and other drinks with a large capacity and you don't have to guzzle to keep it cold or warm. I was looking at it as reasonably indestructible. Don't need a coffee warmer anymore for cyber hiking.

http://www.vat19.com/dvds/stainless-steel-beer-mug.cfm
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Fine for cyber hiking. On the trail I put a Nalgene in a Reflectix jacket, and that second cup of java is at perfect drinking temperature when I want it.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    Fine for cyber hiking. On the trail I put a Nalgene in a Reflectix jacket, and that second cup of java is at perfect drinking temperature when I want it.

Would you post a pic? I like my coffee really hot and my current mug doesn't cut it.

WOW,
    That mug reminds me of the old-fashioned aluminum cup I used to drink out of at my great-grandmother's house. It kept the drink so cold, I could hardly hold it before my hands froze.

For some the weight (not listed) would matter.
    For a comparison the 14oz capacity double wall Snow Peak 450 mug is 4.2oz but from $56
    There was a Stoic version of the Snow Peak, under 6oz with lid, that sold at some stage for $27 but can't see it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    For a comparison the 14oz capacity double wall Snow Peak 450 mug is 4.2oz but from $56
    There was a Stoic version of the Snow Peak, under 6oz with lid, that sold at some stage for $27 but can't see it now.
    I've tried, but just can't justify $56 for a mug. I would definitely consider it for $27...thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Appx 12. 6 oz.

Two things popped into mind looking at the SS mug.
    One SS is heavy
    Two that shape particularly the handle, would make a rather large 15oz mug (for backpacking that is...)

I've carried one of these for almost 20 years (I think I'm on the third one). Ain't no gram weenie, but I do cook.

http://www.campmor.com/wcsstore/Camp...main/82540.jpg
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Try again:

82540.jpg
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Journal Entries
    Images

Well I had a vac sealed Ti and did not know it until my boil times were all too long and messed up... I will tell you this these aluminum dual wall vac sealed you cant feel the inside temperature and ice takes a lot longer to melt... in fact if you drink all the liquid and don't pick it up for a while the ice is still there.

One thing to remember Chinese tea cups deliberately do not have a handle. If you cup it in your hands and its too hot you won't drink it. These mugs you cannot tell if its too hot or too cold, you might burn your lips.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 12-01-2013 at 22:45.

Woo

++ New Posts ++