WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    My best AT photos are used for my Windows background and screen saver. It's amazing how much I still enjoy each of these photos after all these years. They are all so evocative for me and bring back very good memories (even if they were taken when I was uncomfortable or challenged!).
    Some favorite photos of mine are a screen saver that runs. Get some nice compliments. I (mainly) joke that those photos help keep my sanity and remind me I why come to the beige box every day. (Earn money so I can escape the beige box)
    Last edited by Mags; 11-23-2013 at 19:46.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

I do the same thing - use photos from my hikes as my screen saver. People ask me all the time where I got them. "Off my camera," I answer.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MDSection12 View Post
    Didn't attach...

Attachment 24925
    Looks like Raven Rocks - North of Bears Den Hostel.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe64 View Post
    The image I took from the same place...
    Attachment 24997
    Wow! Not much of a view. Great spot though, nice camp right behind it too.

IMG_0012_2.jpg
    Yesterday on the Hancocks in The Whites.

IMG_0020.jpgAnd then there is always this happy place. View from North Hancock, WMNF, NH

Journal Entries

The AT trail that is half up the hill and half down. It runs horizontally not up or down. It runs for a mile or so and is smooth with long vista views. Huge rocks and lots of water streaming in areas. Your there by yourself-no other hikers in site. Weather is clear and about 60degrees. It bends and turns around the mountain. You see the trail ahead as it curves and also behind you when you look. Your feet are fresh, dry and not sore. Your pack feels light, your not thirsty or hungry and your energy is abundant. Utopia-happy place. HIKE ON!!!!

Miller

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    IMG_0012_2.jpg
    Yesterday on the Hancocks in The Whites.
    caption...
    "come on dad, lets get moving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    caption...
    "come on dad, lets get moving!"
    Oh we were moving The ridge walk between South and North Hancock is saaaweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    Two closed down threads in the last two days. People are cranky. So here's a chance at escape. How about a happy thread where we can have happy thoughts.
    Attachment 24924
    A happy place (extra credit if anyone guesses the location)

how about a couple more happy thoughts!
    In response to this OP, of course its tense around here. It's November and the start of cyberhiking season. Whiteblaze has become so predictable

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    In response to this OP, of course its tense around here. It's November and the start of cyberhiking season. Whiteblaze has become so predictable
    This is the start of my hiking season.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSection12 View Post
    This is the start of my hiking season.
    Nice and quiet

She still looks like you JB. You don't happen to also be a milkman or delivery the mail at your "best" friend's house do you? Hmm?

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Many Moons View Post
    The AT trail that is half up the hill and half down. It runs horizontally not up or down. It runs for a mile or so and is smooth with long vista views. Huge rocks and lots of water streaming in areas. Your there by yourself-no other hikers in site. Weather is clear and about 60degrees. It bends and turns around the mountain. You see the trail ahead as it curves and also behind you when you look. Your feet are fresh, dry and not sore. Your pack feels light, your not thirsty or hungry and your energy is abundant. Utopia-happy place. HIKE ON!!!!
    I've recently had to start reminding myself that those places are where I shouldn't just hike on! I had one weekend this past summer where I came to that one beautiful mile. I was in the col between two peaks, and the trail was walking a nearly level ridge through the balsam forest. I was hiking strongly, not cold nor hot nor hungry nor thirsty nor footsore. The perfume of the balsam was heavenly. It was the best part of the hike, and what did I do? I blew through it in 15-20 minutes. Even a slowpoke like me needs to slow down sometimes.

Images

Happy thoughts- very nice idea. How about my 3 kids on my lap, the fire going, wifey snuggled in close in her softest PJ's. Singing songs, tickling each other, hugging, and knowing next weekend daddy gets a day pass to knock out a section with his best hiking buddy Big Miles. Fried chicken, Penny's Pizza, Chart House Restaurant, my one and only brother Mike, my 86 y/o dad who served in 2 conflicts in two branches, my mom usually being right, the addition I built on the house, I could go on and on about being happy.

MY first ski tour of the season this past Sunday. I was happy:

ski-tour.jpg
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    MY first ski tour of the season this past Sunday. I was happy:

ski-tour.jpg
    Paging Disco and D-Low - to remind Mags that this is a hiking site, not a cross-country ski-ing site! (But that's a nice happy pic!)

D-low is my usual ski partner in crime. Wait until the next show...it has a very big winter theme!

Hint: We'll be talking about a possible thru-ski. Is winter backpacking, on skis, still allowed?
    Last edited by Mags; 11-26-2013 at 19:13.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

with a case of blind faith
    Images

Perhaps I should be bitter. Perhaps I should be sad. With all I've had to deal with I should be raving mad but I keep meeting folks who tell me there lives are truly blessed though their son just died, they lost their job or their house was repossessed. At this age and time and place I'm in, with all that's going right, there will always be more load to bear but there will always be more light. I'm just tickled to be here! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Images

Mt Whitney

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++